Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 11d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 07/04/11 11:07 AM Posted 07/04/11 11:07 AM I went to AAMI as they were they were one of the only companys that would insure me with my mods...BIG MISTAKE!Someone ran up my arse on 31/3/11... I Put in a claim immediately with AAMI. They told me to get two quotes (which I did by 1/4/11) and then bring it into the assessment center (WTF for? I just got two assessments from YOUR AAMI accredited repairers, suggested by YOU)Anyway. Long story short. After calling them and being on hold for over 2 hours in total and waiting for them to call me back (which they finally did today), they advised me that the earliest they can get me in to be assessed is... wait for it... 7/05/11... MAY? WTF? May? yes... May? You want me to wait over 1 month for you just to assess my car? My repairer is ready to fix it next week! The taillights are broken.. "Yeah, but you can still drive it cant you?"... The boot doesnt open... AND IT WASNT MY FAULT! :censored: :censored: :censored:
MexicanBatman G666E Turbo!!! Member 1,008 Member For: 16y 8m 17d Gender: Male Posted 07/04/11 11:25 AM Posted 07/04/11 11:25 AM (edited) Your doing it wrongI had an insurance issue and BAM! Sorted with apologies! Edited 07/04/11 11:29 AM by andrewd
plcains Member 49 Member For: 16y 3m 10d Posted 07/04/11 11:25 AM Posted 07/04/11 11:25 AM (edited) Why do you have to get quotes? They should be doing that. Also, tell them it is undriveable and needs to be towed. A month for assesment? that's bs, get onto them and tell them to come pick it up. My experiences with AAMI have been nothing but positive, someone ran into me, I called them on sat, monday a tow truck turned up at my house, I chose a repairer out of the 3 quotes near me that THEY got and 3 weeks later it was all repaired. Edited 07/04/11 11:29 AM by plcains
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 07/04/11 11:38 AM Posted 07/04/11 11:38 AM Used AAMI twice now for a case just like yours where someone else ran into me.They were great to deal with and everything was done quite quickly.They put all new genuine parts on the back of my ute too. No repaired stuff anywhere. They even told the repairer to replace the tow pack just in case it had unseeable stress damage.
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 11d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 07/04/11 11:52 AM Author Posted 07/04/11 11:52 AM I would have said the same thing 10 months ago...However... Their policies have changed...No longer do they have a 7 day assessment guarantee... AND they now require 2 quotes and their own assessment on cars... No more "choose your repairer"...Maybe they are f*cking me around even more as the other guy is AAMI insured as well...Anyways... A call to Shannons will occur in the morning as my policy is running out soon.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 17d Gender: Male Posted 07/04/11 12:51 PM Posted 07/04/11 12:51 PM (edited) AAMI suck, I've just switched insurance companies.someone ran into the back of me, I dropped it off at the assessment center and it was all taken care of, except they said I could hire a car and they would reimburse me since the accident wasn't my fault. it turns out the guy that hit me was also insured with AAMI so they changed the story, denied telling me that I could hire a car, and now I'm short changed $300. I also found a pair of ladies sunglasses in the car after it was repaired. I'll guess some panel beater was driving my car for a week with their girlfriend in it on the weekend. I complained but didn't get very far, as I'm not prepared to waste my time on hold for hours at my hourly rate - will only end up costing me more.Rsholesps. the thing that pisses me off the most is that their wasn't really any damage just two tiny scratches which I could of fixed myself for $300 probably without all the hedfuk. Edited 07/04/11 12:52 PM by JC807
dre Resident idiot. Legacy Donating Member 2,068 Member For: 16y 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/04/11 05:09 PM Posted 07/04/11 05:09 PM I've been with aami for many years, no worries so far. Had someone run into my door, he was also with aami. I took the car to my repairer (not aami approved) and gave him the other guys policy number. Had it fixed within the week.If someone hit you just get the panel beater and aami to work it out between themselves.
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 11d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 07/04/11 08:08 PM Author Posted 07/04/11 08:08 PM Like I said... How long ago? AAMI has recently changed it's policies...
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 07/04/11 08:10 PM Posted 07/04/11 08:10 PM Big thumbs up from me for AAMI. The last claim for hail damage was repaired and returned to me with a full detail within 7 days.Not a drop of paint used and the car was better than when I took delivery from Fraud.the other claim all genuine parts used and repairs were top shlef. Go figure.Worm did you fail the attitude test ?
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 11d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 07/04/11 08:16 PM Author Posted 07/04/11 08:16 PM As I said...AAMI has recently changed their policies.... I have had no problems in the past with them...No, I didn't fail the attitude test :-P... It's more that they are dealing "with all of the recent floods etc" which has put them miles behind. You can't fail the attitude test if you can't get through to speak to anyone! LOL 50 mins on hold from when the person picked up the phone and said "AAMI, how would you like me to redirect your call?"
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now