fpv_ute Member 67 Member For: 15y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: collaroy Posted 05/04/11 09:55 AM Author Posted 05/04/11 09:55 AM (edited) Have taken the tailshaft back to ford (wish I took some pics), and pretty much said, since you guys destroyed it, you can fix it now... And yea its a fg, I know its going to happen again... and if they refuse it next time ill just fork out the $2500 and get mal to make up a bomber shaft. and yea it is just the center bearing but the guys at Hardie Spicer said my cv was shot also? ill soon find out though. Edited 05/04/11 09:57 AM by RHR No need to quote above post. USE FAST REPLY
6speedXR8 Mal Wood Automotive Member 537 Member For: 23y 6m 11d Location: WARWICK QLD Posted 05/04/11 10:19 AM Posted 05/04/11 10:19 AM I see this issue quite often and we repair the tailshaft or make you a much better one, if you send it to me I will sort it out.Call me if you wish on 0746613548, Mal Wood
tinyplums Member 1,080 Member For: 18y 1m 24d Gender: Male Posted 05/04/11 12:21 PM Posted 05/04/11 12:21 PM if its your cv that's rooted also, ford should replace it, call ford customer care, tell them you know of heaps of people on this forum with the same issue and for them to contact your local dealer
fgxod Member 214 Member For: 15y 4m 29d Posted 30/04/11 03:09 PM Posted 30/04/11 03:09 PM I had the same problem I have a fg xr6t ute and my center was busted and was just sitting on the sharft loop. it still drove but I knew something was wrong so I took it to my mates machaic shop and got him to fix it because he said ford wount cover you they will tell you its been abused so I dident bother going but I think its happening again I hear the knocking and tocking noise when I take off(manual 6 speed) sometimes expecialy when im on a slight hill.
Industry07 Member 30 Member For: 15y 2m 21d Posted 10/07/11 09:23 AM Posted 10/07/11 09:23 AM If the tail shaft is not balanced exact it will be going through bearings like hotcakes,Just thought I would put that out there
Choliver_36 Legacy Donating Member 40 Member For: 15y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Darwin Posted 21/02/13 11:45 PM Posted 21/02/13 11:45 PM
Choliver_36 Legacy Donating Member 40 Member For: 15y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Darwin Posted 21/02/13 11:45 PM Posted 21/02/13 11:45 PM ^^^^^^^ does that look farked? Mk2 turbo 8500 km
Mr_4.0 Member 1,096 Member For: 15y 8m 9d Posted 22/02/13 03:26 AM Posted 22/02/13 03:26 AM If your ute lowered? Is it stock? Flash tuned? Anything?
OED666 Member 129 Member For: 20y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast, Qld Posted 22/02/13 09:50 PM Posted 22/02/13 09:50 PM Does the car suffer from axle tramp?? If so, you need a tramp rod kit!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now