MurdoK Legacy Donating Member 719 Member For: 16y 3m 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth,WA Posted 13/03/11 11:33 AM Posted 13/03/11 11:33 AM (edited) Hi all, I own a fg xr6t that's travelled just over 15xxx km's. I think I have a problem with the ZF in it but would like to see if others have same problem and it's just a trait of the gearbox.-When giving it a bit in drive it sometimes holds the gear for quite a while(at least 5+ secs and long enough for me to switch to "manual" mode and shift myself) So if you let off in 3rd at 3500rpm it will hold 3rd at around 3500rpm instead of shifting into 4th/5th.-Clunks into first, when in Drive, when im coming to a stop.-Shifts can feel quite harsh and are noticed as a thud through the driveline (mainly 3rd/4th)What do you all reckon? The car is under warranty obviously so should I take it to Ford? and will they charge if they can't find a problem? Edited 13/03/11 11:33 AM by MurdoK
F6turbo Member 172 Member For: 20y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 13/03/11 11:45 AM Posted 13/03/11 11:45 AM That all sounds normal to me. The trans will hold the gear if you just back off after giving it a bit, tap the gas a bit if you want it to upshift.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 19d Gender: Male Posted 13/03/11 11:26 PM Posted 13/03/11 11:26 PM I think if you disconnect the battery for a while it will lose all the "enthusiastic or miss daisy" data in the shifting tables.
Tobey Awesome... Member 407 Member For: 16y 3m Gender: Male Posted 13/03/11 11:44 PM Posted 13/03/11 11:44 PM That thump could have something to do the centre diff bushing..
MurdoK Legacy Donating Member 719 Member For: 16y 3m 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth,WA Posted 14/03/11 03:38 AM Author Posted 14/03/11 03:38 AM I think if you disconnect the battery for a while it will lose all the "enthusiastic or miss daisy" data in the shifting tables.Thanks. I might give this a shot.That thump could have something to do the centre diff bushing..I know these cars are known for it. Will ford charge to have a look if they dont find anything wrong?Sorry but I im skeptical at dealerships. I can see 'em trying to weasel out of fixing problems, claiming nothing is wrong than forwarding on costs to the owner.
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 14/03/11 06:01 AM Posted 14/03/11 06:01 AM (edited) -Clunks into first, when in Drive, when im coming to a stop.Sounds like type 1 from herehttp://www.thelurch.com/lurching_zf_transmission.htmor some other threads on here about ZF issuesI wonder if the ZF editing Herrod is working on can iron these bugs out. Edited 14/03/11 06:02 AM by -SteveR-
MurdoK Legacy Donating Member 719 Member For: 16y 3m 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth,WA Posted 14/03/11 06:11 PM Author Posted 14/03/11 06:11 PM Sounds like type 1 from herehttp://www.thelurch....ransmission.htmwow. thanks for the website. definitely type 1. In a way it's good to see other people experience the same problem...
kris Legacy Donating Member 94 Member For: 16y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: melb Posted 14/03/11 10:39 PM Posted 14/03/11 10:39 PM I like this thread...ZF LURCH... I can put a name to the headache I had for 15,000kms in my BRAND NEW tfg ute.some people may be fine with it - I certainly was not (very annoying when trying to perform a gentle halt) I had this from day 1, told ford about it at 3k service- was brushed off, then at about 8k- forman who went for a drive with me "didnt know what I saw talking about", 15k service- heres my keys, give me the hire car, dont call me until its fixed!!admittedly I did make a SMALL scene but I got a new zf in the endstart complaining about your trans now, hopefully youll get a result, even if it takes a bit of time and energy.I feel your pain brother
kris Legacy Donating Member 94 Member For: 16y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: melb Posted 14/03/11 10:44 PM Posted 14/03/11 10:44 PM p.s. they never charged me to "diagnose" the problem either, they would be stupid to you just spent 40k + with them.dont hold back mate, and DONT take NO for an answer. we have warranty for a reason good luck
FordMember1559 Legacy Donating Member 148 Member For: 18y 5m 24d Gender: Male Posted 05/08/11 09:38 AM Posted 05/08/11 09:38 AM Here is some more reading for youLots of users have been experiencing the lurch or shunt issue. I complained for months before I managed to get them to fix mine.Just keep at them
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now