marco82123 Member 2 Member For: 15y 8m 3d Posted 02/02/11 02:23 AM Posted 02/02/11 02:23 AM Hi im new to the forum and Falcon XR6 Turbos in general. I bought a standard FG XR6 Turbo and Love it! I have a question with my standard intake. Want to upgrade purely for a bit more intake noise. Would a K and N filter be o.k Or is a tune needed for any mods with this car?
MexicanBatman G666E Turbo!!! Member 1,008 Member For: 16y 8m 15d Gender: Male Posted 02/02/11 02:46 AM Posted 02/02/11 02:46 AM fine to put straight in, but after 5 min you wil forget about any noise increase and think its stock again, the lower half of the xr8 airbox helps with induction noise too, not power as some claim... unless you have been smoking too muchsomething like the bluepower airbox will really increase noise and can still be fitted without a tune as I have seen them do many times, I have one but imho its pretty dear for a bit of tin but does include a really good filter...spool pipe may be worth looking at too if intake noise is your thing...or you can get serious and put on a battery side intake and relocate the battery, flash tune it and run more boost and BAM screams like a mofo!
Rusty XR6T Legacy Donating Member 516 Member For: 16y 6m Gender: Male Posted 02/02/11 02:48 AM Posted 02/02/11 02:48 AM (edited) A tune for a filter? no mate you can get the K&N without a tune that's fine!a few recommendations (which I run on my car) is a K&N Air Filter, XR8 Lower Airbox and Snorkel and replace the intake silencer pipeXR8 Lower Airbox and Snorkel - FTG Auto Salvage in Ferntree Gully sell them brand newSilencer Intake Pipe Replacement - Rapid Systems Intake Pipeafter this your car will have good induction sound, and be more responsive... Edited 02/02/11 02:58 AM by Rusty XR6T
j.d Member 1,222 Member For: 16y 2m 4d Gender: Male Location: Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 02/02/11 05:30 AM Posted 02/02/11 05:30 AM or the plazmaman intake pipe replacement - https://www.plazmaman.com/shop/index.php?action=item&itemId=364
bunna Legacy Donating Member 813 Member For: 20y 1m 6d Posted 02/02/11 08:23 PM Posted 02/02/11 08:23 PM This may be a good time to mention I have a brand new XR8 airbox and snorkle sitting under my old house that I'd rather not have to find a home for at my new place!That said I have the Process West intake and battery relocation. Its noisy as (so your girlfriend/wife/mother says wtf) but its fun, if you take my meaning. It'd be nice to have two modes - quiet for the daily commute and spooly dose bro for the weekends. My only thoughts now are around getting the polished alloy cover painted black (so its less attention seeking in the engine bay) and trying an alternative battery relocation to bring it to the passenger side, as the engine bay looks very unbalanced with no battery visible and a big hole where the airbox was.I do however very much like the idea of having a setup that looks very stock but performs to the level you want. To this end I may one day ditch the PW airbox, but for now I'm enjoying the loudness of my dose Food for thought (hopefully)
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 02/02/11 11:33 PM Posted 02/02/11 11:33 PM How much you want for it bunna? FG I assume? that's the one with the mesh square thing on the side yeah?
INASNT Member 361 Member For: 20y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/02/11 02:57 AM Posted 03/02/11 02:57 AM Can you make a video of the intake sound inside the car with the replacement pipe?
dre Resident idiot. Legacy Donating Member 2,068 Member For: 16y 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/02/11 10:02 AM Posted 03/02/11 10:02 AM I've got a couple of really short clips on youtube of the plazmaman intake. Would take some longer ones but need someone to do the camera work! make a couple of really long creative vidz
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/02/11 10:42 AM Posted 03/02/11 10:42 AM Have you got an engine bay pic mate?
dre Resident idiot. Legacy Donating Member 2,068 Member For: 16y 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/02/11 05:31 PM Posted 03/02/11 05:31 PM (edited) I also got the muffler replacement as I wanted more noise. Will do matching polished intercooler piping soon Edited 03/02/11 05:31 PM by dre
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now