Fg Interceptor

XR6TURBST5

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 3m 13d

There are 2 types of Brembos fitted to FG's. The Police specials and base F6's come with 4pot Brembo front and the PBR rear red 2 pot caliper (same as the old performance brake option on the XR), where the 6pot front / 4Pot rear Brembos are Optional on the F6 & GT but stock on the GT-P and GT-E.

• 10 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 24d

Hi All,

I have had this car for a year now. Added 35,000 K .

Absolutely perfect.

Just replaced the Dunlops. Crap tyres. Needed Ear Muffs.

Bought 4 Federals. Can't pick the difference in performance at legal speeds ( + 50% ) but much much smoother and quieter.

At half the price, will never go back to Factory.

Fuel about 11.5 around town. Much less than 10 on a trip.

Brakes have proven to be extra-ordinary. Smooth, linear and totally reliable.

To all the knockers of ex cop cars.

I would not buy anything else. I have had many enquirers about the car. Value for for money is 100%

And for you lot questioning the brakes. Front and rear are large diameter. 4 pot Brembos on the front PBR on the rear

Unbelievable brakes. I can only wonder at a 6 X 4 setup. Expensive Daewoo HSV? Ford FPV?

And I believe firmer suspension.

Get in and drive one

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 7m 21d

Mines a ex-cop car 09/06 bf turbo had no problems and had it for just over a year now paid 18k =). One tip I have while the fg is still fresh from having the lights removed is silicone up the holes they drilled to mount the lights. You will find two holes either side in the centre of the doors(roof) behind the door seals mines rusting=( hopefully dont get much more as I polished them up and sealed but yeah, prevention would have been better!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 22d

Just bought an Ex QLD police 12/09 FG XR6T.Red, No brembos,All books,perfect paint,few marks inside from gun and cuffs,18 inch wheels.Paid $23800 which I thought was cheap.

Where did you get that from and how many ks if you dont mind me asking

• Member For: 12y 3m 22d

78000 Ks,Bought it from melbournes cheapest cars,I know it sounds dodgy but it isnt(I was skeptical).Came with balance of factory warranty plus extended warranty.Chris Morris was the salesmen.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 22d

Im in sydney but pop down regulary to watch the footy and I have been keeping a eye on what they have down there.Just got to sell my BA. Thanks for that.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 24d

Watch the auctions - one went 2 weeks ago. About 100k . Bit much . The ex NSW Cop cars are obvious. Most get traded at 60K ??

The "Wheels and Brakes".

Even the newest have the same wheels and brakes.

I have noticed Ford have moved the XR6 Turbo badge to the passengers side ?? Any ideas why ?? Is it just an upgrade ?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 8d

They are no longer actively using the Falcon badge. They are sneakily moving to a Falcon XT, an XR and a G6 range that have the same base chassis but are 'different' cars with different models in each set