hkrupt Member 13 Member For: 16y 6d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 11/12/10 04:30 AM Posted 11/12/10 04:30 AM Hey yall, I have a quick question and I'm hoping its an easy answer. iv had the ba flash tuned and few other things done, recently had the trans rebuilt. But now when I stick the boot into it the car backfires and sends a HUGE smoke screen out the rear, Do I just need a new tune? or is there something more evil going on?
Zerosignal Phantom Menace Legacy Donating Member 232 Member For: 16y 1m 21d Gender: Male Posted 11/12/10 07:46 AM Posted 11/12/10 07:46 AM Custom tuned or Generic? Does it still do it when running on stock tune?
EvilDaifu Cruise Whore Moderating Team 5,130 Member For: 21y 1m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/12/10 11:54 AM Posted 11/12/10 11:54 AM I'd be taking it to a tuner for a service straight away I use Pit Lane in Frankston
hkrupt Member 13 Member For: 16y 6d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 12/12/10 01:43 AM Author Posted 12/12/10 01:43 AM Custom tuned or Generic? Does it still do it when running on stock tune?its a custom tune, not sure if it does it on stock tune, as I'm kind of scared to floor it again.. lol..
hkrupt Member 13 Member For: 16y 6d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 12/12/10 01:58 AM Author Posted 12/12/10 01:58 AM I'd be taking it to a tuner for a service straight away I use Pit Lane in Frankston Thanx bro il look em up, they nice and close for me.
Weaponxr Legacy Donating Member 624 Member For: 15y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 18/12/10 01:06 PM Posted 18/12/10 01:06 PM Hi,Most likley what the problem is will be the spark plugs. As the boost would have been set a couple more PSI the spark plugs need to be regapped from 1.1mm to 0.75mm or 0.8mm.It happens on a few cars when you raise boost, Skylines do it also and they have to use a hotter or colder spark plug. The tuning shops usually charge about $150 to regap the plugs but if you are handy you can do it yourself.
Rosie Member 361 Member For: 19y 5m 22d Posted 18/12/10 08:34 PM Posted 18/12/10 08:34 PM You get the same symptom if the Plugs are stuffed as well!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now