Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 15d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

ah yeah of course cheers mate :) lookin good lee man, hopefully we get a clear friday soon so we can go to munchies and look cool :B):

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

Haha for sure we,ll get there one day!!

  • 3 months later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

Hi guys,just an update as a few might know my engine has finally expired after 50000 very hard kms!!

It happened at the good Friday test and tune after the vacuum hose to the actuator snapped off causing a massive overboost causing the engine to detonate and with nos on board it made it that little bit worse!!

If there was a bright side it happened just after half track and it rolled across for a 10.7 so it was on its way to a decent number!!

Engine is nearly out of the car and having not taken the head off,it looks like 2,3 pistons are stuffed there is a fair bit of wet oil sitting in the head ports.

So over the next few mths I'll keep everyone posted on what's in the pipeline.

At this stage I will be getting an engine builder to put it together,not sure on what parts I'll be using at this stage..all I know is it will be getting built bigger and better!

I've decided to go high mount and ext gate still deciding on wether to use my turbo with a t4 turbine housing and squeeze everything out of it or go a gt42r type turbo and run 450-500kw on pump fuel! Will still be retaining the nitrous for that little bit extra!

Either way should be an exciting next few mths and will try and get pics as everything unfolds!

Cheers lee

  • Like 1
  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

:Doh:

...oh well, at least you know that you're trying hard enough I guess!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: south east suburbs
Posted

It's harsh when something little causes so much havoc... Will definitely be a more of a monster when it gets put together.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted (edited)

It's harsh when something little causes so much havoc... Will definitely be a more of a monster when it gets put together.

Your not wrong Ivan it's funny most failures in Motorsport always seem to be the $2 part!

Will be all braided vacuum hoses on the next build!!

It's funny 1st you tell yourself I'll just rebuild it to what is was then you think you can't spend all that money and have the same thing,so you go behind what you could have imagined!!

Edited by dalts
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

:Doh:

...oh well, at least you know that you're trying hard enough I guess!

Thanks Trent I had a red hot go at it over the yrs!if I wasn't for the broken hose I reckon it would have lasted a couple more!!

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 19d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

hey lee. sorry to here about that mate.. hope u get it on the road soon and live the Dream mate.. cheers mark..

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

Thanks mark,yeah hopefully it won't be too long before its going again!!

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 1m 5d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

now that is just bad luck right there

better luck with your new build mate

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...