Davidxr6t03 Member 58 Member For: 16y 3m 16d Posted 28/11/10 02:06 AM Posted 28/11/10 02:06 AM Hello All, I bought my xr6t about 1 1/2 years ago and have been reading this forum ever since so I thought I would post my future plans for my mods and get some input from you guy's.The car is a ba 2003 XR6T had 44000km on the clock when I bought it and now has 70000km and it has a 4 speed auto.I have removed the Rear Muffler, put on a 2nd typhoon Cai, K&N panel filter and have replaced Coils, regapped/replaced plugs, solonoid mantainance, throttle body clean and purchased a srt 3 flash tuner with generic tunes.I want to put a high flow cat and have a custom tune, Im more than happy with the power with the generic 10psi tune which I don't current run after all the war stories I have read about generic tunes.I don't want to change injectors or replace the intercooler so will this keep it reliable as it's my daily driver and would hate to have to rebuild my auto or replace my diff. Im not chasing big rwkw, just a quick reliable car. Will it be safe? I don't drag or race it, just enjoy a squirt every now and then.ThanksDave.
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 28/11/10 02:34 AM Posted 28/11/10 02:34 AM lld do injectors/cat/tune. Should 260-270ish rwkw at a guess and should har no problems with reliabilty at those levels.
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 28/11/10 02:56 AM Posted 28/11/10 02:56 AM I'd also add cooler... Heatsoak will be a problem over summer (moreso than winter...)I upgraded mine and I wasn't looking for more kw, just more efficiency...I'd also put the biggest transmission cooler on it you can get! I have a big one and have been running 280-300rwkw for a while and had no problems...
Davidxr6t03 Member 58 Member For: 16y 3m 16d Posted 28/11/10 03:59 AM Author Posted 28/11/10 03:59 AM Thanks for the reply.What sort of power would the standard injectors/intercooler make all year round as I want to keep it as stock as possible if I go to sell it.Thought I would post a pic, sorry it's from a phone.Dave.
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 28/11/10 04:22 AM Posted 28/11/10 04:22 AM 230-40rwkw with stock injectors... Maybe a little more..250-70 with injectors... Better off doing this and swapping back to old ones and stock tune if you sell... Your better off driving a car where the injectors are not maxed out...
Davidxr6t03 Member 58 Member For: 16y 3m 16d Posted 28/11/10 05:06 AM Author Posted 28/11/10 05:06 AM Thanks Worm.
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 28/11/10 06:10 AM Posted 28/11/10 06:10 AM 230-40rwkw with stock injectors... Maybe a little more..250-70 with injectors... Better off doing this and swapping back to old ones and stock tune if you sell... Your better off driving a car where the injectors are not maxed out...do I DARE start yet ANOTHER injector war?!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now