Vevapower Waiting for the 1st N/A 12! Legacy Donating Member 2,533 Member For: 18y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/11/10 07:45 AM Posted 17/11/10 07:45 AM Hi all just wondering if anyone knows if an upgraded intercooler effects an insurance claim? The way I see it is that the car comes with a front mount and I've just chosen to swap it for a better performing one. has anyone been in this situation if so what was the result. I'm with NRMA Will I have too put the stock one back one etc...looking forward to your comments.Veva
FPV6T UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!! Legacy Donating Member 1,655 Member For: 17y 8m 14d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 17/11/10 07:50 AM Posted 17/11/10 07:50 AM when I upgraded my cooler I rang my insurance company and told them the brand of it and the replacement cost of it and it has been noted as such.hope that helps you?
Vevapower Waiting for the 1st N/A 12! Legacy Donating Member 2,533 Member For: 18y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/11/10 07:56 AM Author Posted 17/11/10 07:56 AM No damage to the cooler at all just bumber and bonet! I guess what I'm more worried about is the insurance company knocking my claim back dur to trh aftermarket cooler being on the car! Was hoping someone might know the in's and outs of thr whole asessers regs etc...!
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 12d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 17/11/10 09:10 AM Posted 17/11/10 09:10 AM If those components are getting replaced, now is the time to add your cooler to the policy.
Vevapower Waiting for the 1st N/A 12! Legacy Donating Member 2,533 Member For: 18y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/11/10 12:35 AM Author Posted 18/11/10 12:35 AM Ok took her into the NRMA assesors today and crossed my fingers and all turned out fine! The guy I think didn't even notice the aftermarket cooler (which I find strange considering it takes up the whole front bar).So all rosey and already booked into my preferred repairer!Still though might be an idea now to add the cooler to the policy anyways!
4DZILR Legacy Donating Member 713 Member For: 16y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney - Brighton Le Sands Posted 18/11/10 12:59 AM Posted 18/11/10 12:59 AM If you had a *beep* of an assessor, he would of dicked ya for cutting the Reinforcement Bar. Lucky Lucky champ! Buy a lottery ticket!
Lof818 Member 54 Member For: 16y 1m 25d Gender: Male Location: Bribie island Posted 30/04/11 06:50 AM Posted 30/04/11 06:50 AM the lady the dove in to the frount of my recked my intercooler -.- insurace paid for a new one but it was her fault so I guess she had to
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 26d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 30/04/11 09:52 AM Posted 30/04/11 09:52 AM I'd be interested to hear what NRMA say if you tell them about the intercooler. I have a friend who had a car insured with APIA and when he told them he had different wheels and suspension they expressed posted him a cancelation of his policy. Hopefully NRMA are more accommodating. I'd be telling them you were thinking of buying one and would they cover the additional modification.Benny
Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 20d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 30/04/11 11:56 AM Posted 30/04/11 11:56 AM yeah and never tell them you've cut or 'trimmed' anything or cover goooorne.
bunna Legacy Donating Member 813 Member For: 20y 1m 6d Posted 30/04/11 02:06 PM Posted 30/04/11 02:06 PM Particularly a key part of your front end crash structure
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now