Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 11d
Posted

HEY EVERYONE,

PICKED UP A BF TYPHOON RECENTLY TO REPLACE MY PREVIOUS PROJECT - A 9 SEC HONDA CRX THAT I WRECKED OUT OVER THE LAST YEAR... THE HONDA WAS A GREAT LEARNING CURVE FOR ME,I RAN A BEST OF 9.93@147MPH (1.52 60FT). THE 1.6L MADE 627HP ON 42PSI AND REVED TO 10,900RPM, ALTHOUGH AFTER 8 YEARS PLAYING WITH THE CRX I GOT OVER THE FWD THING.

SO I AM LOOKING AT SINKING MY SKILLS INTO MY NEW FOUND TYPHOON- KEEP YOU POSTED AS THINGS PROGRESS

post-42961-12896434787_thumb.jpg

post-42961-128964355775_thumb.jpg

post-42961-128964359743_thumb.jpg

post-42961-128964467659_thumb.jpg

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted

welcome mate, your in the right place ,plenty of reading to do. have a look through the 4-5-600kw club sections might give you a few idea's. :beerchug:

  • Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic
Posted

That's insane from a 1.6litre, any vids??

Looking forward to seeing what you can do with the 4.0l, going for 9s again?

Do you do the work yourself or??

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 11d
Posted

no vids up loaded yet.. sorry

not going for 9z this time, im looking at running a 10sec pass on street tires and pump fuel then just enjoy it as a fun street car, maybe take it to powercruze to let off some steam. (I dont wont to put a cage in this car)

yes I did all the work on the honda my self (all bar the machine work on the block/head)

  • A much better forum
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Define street Tyres? Are you talking semi slicks?? (ie. Mickey Thompson Semis?)

Is it manual or auto???

Good luck...

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 11d
Posted

NOT DOT approved street slix or semis. after the time I spent trying to get the honda to hook up in the early days on street tires im confident that it will eventually run a 10.99 on full street tires on the 19s

best time I ran on street tires with the honda was a 11.48@ 144 mph

the BF has an auto

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 2m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Wee Waa/NSW
Posted

Looks good mate . 42psi through the turbo wow. Hope it go's well for ya looking forward to the read

  • Hitting the apex
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Miranda
Posted

Welcome and good luck mate... What did the crx weigh and are you going to do any weight mods to the phoon

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 2m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: N.S.W, Sydney
Posted

Welcome man.

You must be Iliya.

I loved watching the CRX.

Best of luck with this one.

;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...