Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

hey everyone im sure this has been covered before but im hopeless at searching :), I need a set of injectors and a pump, I have a tune booked in monday and need them asap... im guessing 60lb seimens for injectors but not too sure of which pump... and if anyone knows of a good place to purchase these items on the goldcoast or brisbane??? or approx how much should I be paying for these items???

thanks everyone.

ps: had a dyno run last monday with a crappy generic capa tune (10psi), it did 354.4hp but I set it to the generic 8psi tune as it was lean as!! hence the choice for proper tune....... so hopefully with injectors and pump I'll be in the 300+ club???

  • A much better forum
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

What's done to car mate?

Walbro intank pump.. I think gss341 is a goer... Or Bosch 044... Bosch is very noisy. If you have cash, hiro performance is selling cheap process west surge tank kits...

What car do you have? Modded valve springs? Dump? Stock cat?

Posted (edited)

hey mate, full exhaust ( not sure off brand etc but my mechanic said its a full system) , hdi intercooler and f6 2nd cai with k&n panel filter. so hopefully with pump and injectors and finally a proper tune I should be makin decent power.

Edited by RHR
No need to quote above post. USE FAST REPLY
  • Banned
  • Member For: 17y 2m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Aspendale, Vic.
Posted

if its a BA or PRE 06 BF then your valve springs will let you down and you will see 260-270rwkw. apart froim those, you should see 310-320.

Posted

its a BF built FEB 06, so im assuming the valve springs will be ok??? wouldnt getting 354.4hp (approx 260rwk) with a generic 10psi capa tune mean with bigger injectors and pump plus a proper tune see me into the 300's????

  • Banned
  • Member For: 17y 2m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Aspendale, Vic.
Posted

unfortunatlly no, you need post 06/06 for stronger v/springs from my understanding. So you will be limited to 260-270. Some cars tip 300rwkw with stock v/springs but they are one in a million.

Your generic tune of 260 might (most likley is) be running LEAN and can be damaging your motor every time you push it. Generic tunes are for the bin. There are NO good generic tunes. you might be maxing out everything to get your current 260rwkw, but with your additional mods you should see 270rwkw but not limiting anything and leave room for more power once vsprings are swapped.

  • Banned
  • Member For: 17y 3m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Blacktown NSW
Posted

I have an 05 BA . When I had similar mods you're talking about I made 318rkw on CV DYNO. My valve springs at the time held. However if you don't want to waste money on the dyno, replace the valve springs before you tune. A set of Atomic springs are about $350. You can hire their tool to change them yourself, otherwise you need a mechanic to install them as they are a fiddly job.

Posted

stick ok so I've decided to stick with stock valves as I didnt budget for $400 for springs and $250 to install them. so I'll get the pump and injectors with proper tune and we'll see how we go., unless anyone has some cheap springs lying around :)

thanks every1

  • Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic
Posted

*Beep* to the rescue.

Your Bf valve springs are good for high 300s, you won't need to replace them till you need to replacembottom end/auto etc

With your mods ild guess you'll get 340s with injectors and fuel pump

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...