fpv_f6 Member 29 Member For: 18y 22d Posted 11/10/10 11:31 AM Posted 11/10/10 11:31 AM hay there boys. jst incase yous dont know I got my fg tuned a few weeks back and I got 349rwkw at 1068nm.. now what really bothering me is out of no were I just realised when I brake hard doing 100ks down the street, the car shakes!! has it always been like this, maybe im that slow that ie never realized this or is this a real problem??
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/10/10 11:49 AM Posted 11/10/10 11:49 AM most likely warped disks.You can get them machined, but it will come back.Get some DBA4000 rotors and you will be happy.
Rhino1980 09JET Member 1,510 Member For: 17y 3m 20d Gender: Male Location: E. Maitland Posted 11/10/10 07:14 PM Posted 11/10/10 07:14 PM Who tuned ya? Nice torque and yeah agree would have to be warped discs
fpv_f6 Member 29 Member For: 18y 22d Posted 12/10/10 09:29 AM Author Posted 12/10/10 09:29 AM thanks boys but what am I looking at paying for replacing my wraped disks?? if there wrapd and I dont really have the money to change them for atleast 6 months, will it be dangerous to drive around like that??and I got it tuned at CRESENT MOTORSPORT. its a great tune. very smooth. though I think I got a boost leak atm. taking it tomz to find out. hope its nothing to bad
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 12/10/10 09:34 AM Posted 12/10/10 09:34 AM How long since you've had a wheel alignment too?
F6turbo Member 172 Member For: 20y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 12/10/10 11:13 AM Posted 12/10/10 11:13 AM How can you be driving a 350rwkw FG and not have the money for a pair of brake disks?Take the disks off and take it to a local mechanic to get machined, will cost you just a few bucks and is your cheapest option. No one here would recommend you drive on warped (not wraped) disks.
fpv_f6 Member 29 Member For: 18y 22d Posted 12/10/10 11:17 AM Author Posted 12/10/10 11:17 AM hehe lol ive jst spent alot of money on the car, all in one go. so yep ill see how I go I guess.
MexicanBatman G666E Turbo!!! Member 1,008 Member For: 16y 8m 24d Gender: Male Posted 12/10/10 01:54 PM Posted 12/10/10 01:54 PM Bet the brakes weren't bedded in properly, mates miss us has terrible shudder in her g6et and they drive it normally WTF... LolMine has none and I drive it normally too cos it normal for the brakes to smoke as much as the tyres, aside from their uselessness I have no problems at all... They could just work more effectively I mean my ap5 with un assisted 4 wheel drums were better, but then again it didn't arrive at the corner quie as hot as the fg does...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now