Fg Rwkw

FGX 40T

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 23d

Hi all, hoping someone can shed some light. I know Ford claims the FG XR6T has 270 flywheel kW. However, I have been told Ford's rating is quite a conservative number and it is actually closer to 300 fwkW. Someone also told me about the 10% overboost capability - I will check my handbook about this later; If I do the math, although a little rusty - 270 x 10% = 27, therefore at times it must peak at 297 rwkW - pretty close to 300fwkW. Anyone know anything re: FG XR6T (stock) power.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 1m 12d

Well mine was just over 240 at the wheels standard, if that helps..

So I guess that would mean something around 290+ at the fly, reason why they gave conservative numbers for the turbos was because they didn't want the power figures to affect XR8 and GT sales

• Donating Members

Thanks that makes sense. 240 at the wheels - well if I allow for about 15% driveline loss that places your vehicle at about 283rwkW, pretty close to what you thought at 290. Although I am only guessing at driveline loss it may actually be more. Anyone know what power (%) is lost through the driveline (ZF 6 spd Auto).

• Donating Members

Thanks, if that be the case then the XR6T's must be very close to around 300 fwkW - ie: 240 rwkW @ approx 20% drivetrain loss = 300 kW at the fly. Looks like the numbers stack up to what I have been told. I know all about the variance between dyno stuff - but it would appear that it is true, that Ford's 270 kW number is quite conservative. Interesting.

Edited by FG09T

• Donating Members

Good point - were you using 98 octane fuel when you ran the 240rwkW or 95?

Edited by RHR