Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 8m 22d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

On the weekend I put my xr6t in a dyno comp just to see what it made as I didnt have a figure yet, it made 288rwhp and all that's been done to it is bosch 42lb green top injectors , a rapid v2.0 intercooler, under battery cold air intake, the center muffler removed, walbro gss342 intanke pump and an xcal3 with generic tunes and it was on the 10psi tune for the run. To the point though, when it finished the run and was on back off it was making real loud popping sounds out the exhaust? could this be possible pinging and also when its on the 10psi tune when ya give it some spirited driving in all the gears but first it seems to get this real bad surging going on when it comes on boost. Could anyone shed some light on this and is that an alright power figure for what ive got done or should I be expecting anymore or less?

Cheers, Matt.

  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted

When you wake up in the morning.....book it in somewhere for a custom tune. That power is pathetic, but that's not why you need a tune.

  • Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic
Posted

Get a custom tune ASAP, generic tunes do more bad than good. And you shouldbe making well over 340ish hp

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 8m 22d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

yeah that's what I thought, after doin a lot of research on here I thought it should have been a bit higher figure than that and yeah I sorta figured I need a tune, im going to get a couple more upgrades done at the same time so would it be safe driving it on the 8 psi tune for now until around after christmas or would yous suggest just gettin a basic tune for now to make sure its safe then waiting for the other mods?

cheers, Matt.

  • UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

a lot can can happen between now and christmas,so for peace of mind (engine longevity) I'd get a tune done asap!! :3gears:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: south east suburbs
Posted

When you had it on the dyno did they log boost and afr's, cause being on a generic tune is playing with fire, id be getting a custom tune asap and stay off the throttle, I dont think you would want to pay 5k plus for another engine.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 8m 22d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

no they didn't log anything the dodgy so n so's, it was even wheel spinning cause I could smell rubber the whole time and they couldn't be arsed to strap it down cause I was one of the last to go on the day but yeah ill be giving elite auto a ring tomorrow cause by what yous have said and I've read in other posts it could end up being a bit more of an expense to just let it go so ill be gettin on to that tomorrow. thanks for the quick responses guys, much appreciated and as im only new to xr6ts and still learning lol

Cheers, Matt.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 17d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Put it this way, you spent all that money on it and made 5 more horsepower than my standard one. Getting it tuned is cheap insurance against something going wrong and it will put the money you have spent previously to some actuall use.

Poping in the exhaust would tell me it is running too rich, as it would be unburnt air/fuel mixture getting through there but I am far from an expert. And then again what car doesn't run rich on back off. Anyhow pinging sounds like someone just dropped marbles in the engine, when you here it you will know.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 8m 22d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

well I've only just bought the car and it had all this stuff done to it, im just trying to iron out all the creases with it and possible problems that may be an issue in the long run but yeah ill be gettin it in for a tune asap and it doesnt really bother me as I cant legally drive it for another month or so :spoton: but I have been anyway just to see what its doin

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: south east suburbs
Posted

Just remember one thing...any changes you do to your car, always put it on the dyno and get the tune adjusted.eg exhaust,plenum etc Then you know your safe :-)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...