Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Vic
Posted

I believe a MoTec M880 will do it, but that's a 5g+ ECU, so like the other said, if you want a ZF, trade up!

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 3m 4d
Posted

My car is a ba, no not a motec full cpu these are a stand alone auto ecu just for the gearbox,ill look up the relivent links and post them,the one auto ecu I was looking at will cost 1100 including post,at a quick look it uses map speed and tps inputs and you set maximum rpm to gear perameters than tps to map load chart gear change than the rest will be a whole load of fine tuning.this is one of the controllers I was looking at.http://www.fuelairspark.com/Products/details/controller/over.asp

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: @ my laptop
Posted

Happy to be proven wrong, but I do not believe what you are trying to do is possible. The ZF has it's own computer inside the trans, although it needs to communicate with the can bus system to know what is happening with the rest of the car, it is controlled 100% internally unlike earlier trans which were controlled externally.

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted

be interesting to see if any of them have got a system for the zf the list of trans from that first link doesn't contain the zf .looks like only 4 or 5spd boxes for that one

  • Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

The computer in the ZF is called a magnatronic and is worth almost as much as the box its self! I seriously would either go for a C4 or upgrade to a BF. Failing that I'll buy the ZF off you for 1325!!!

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted

time for a dumb question has any one ever tried to do a full manual conversion on a zf

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 3m 4d
Posted

id be happy enough with it full manulised,well ive sold his engine now and pulled everthing else out hes keeping for the bf he changed over with the insurance ,pulling burnt cars apart is not fun at all,just have a rear end left now to sell and the box is mine,Thanks for the info though veva I didnt relize it had internal cpu.

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted

if you end up with a diff left over let me know I might take it ,I want too build a strong one down the track.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...