Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 16d
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

I also used to have a Series III AUXR6 ute prior to my BA, and I reckon the ride was sportier in the AU. The BA has been softened considerably.

Also, the AU XR6 had many more things that Ford had ceased in the BA, obviously to improve their cost to income ratio...for example;

No left foot rest

No Roof mounted sunnies holder

No 6 stack in dash CD player

No "A" piller mounted tweeters

No warning light for the windscreen washer level.

As the basic ute chassis and body from the firwall back is still the same as the AU, then you have to question the new car price given the loss of the above inclusions.

So wouldn't be raggin' on the XR series AU's. By all means though...the non-XR AU series is a fugly lookin bugger

BARA

  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted
By all means though...the non-XR AU series is a fugly lookin bugger

BARA

Oh yeah? I have a non-XR AU and it's not as ugly as you - that is you in the avatar isn't it? Or your brother? I'm told he is better looking than you :lol:

  • Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Shire, Middle Earth
Posted

I'm with you on this one Bara ... AU's are ugly! :wub:

:sick:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted
I'm with you on this one Bara ... AU's are ugly! :wub:

:sick:

*takes gloves off*

Wattchitt Ken, I like you, I like your manual XR6T, BUT the BA styling is just a soften up of the AU. The AU was bold to be different. The BA by comparison is wimpish - the sort of thing that would probably appeal to a cardigan wearing, bowler hat topped, ex Magna driver. :cry:

  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 7m 30d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

The main reason I went a sedan over a ute was registration costs. Here in the ACT, most utes (all BA's) and most panel vans are classed as commercial vehicles, and you wont get much change out of $800 a year rego for a ute. Sedans are around the $600 mark. Those figures are only guesses, im at work, so im not concertrating!!! :lol:

It all adds up over time.

  • Firm Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 29d
  • Location: Adelaide Hills
Posted
I'm with you on this one Bara ... AU's are ugly! :pinch:

:unsure:

The early AU's were dogs with the plankton grill and shocking wheel covers, but this beast aint ugly :banghead:

post-43-1066904224.jpg

  • Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Shire, Middle Earth
Posted
I'm with you on this one Bara ... AU's are ugly!

*takes gloves off*

Wattchitt Ken, I like you, I like your manual XR6T, BUT the BA styling is just a soften up of the AU. The AU was bold to be different. The BA by comparison is wimpish - the sort of thing that would probably appeal to a cardigan wearing, bowler hat topped, ex Magna driver. :pinch:

Ok, so I'm up for a little sport ... ;)

Avert your eyes kiddies, he'll take on different forms.

Not only are AU's ugly, I'd go as far as to say that anyone who drives one is most likely a pillow-bitting, limp-wristed, poor-sighted, blowse-wearing, nancy boy who has an un-natural attachment to their mother and a tendancy to lisp ... :unsure:

"INCOMING!"

:banghead: :pinch:

  • Great rack
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong Vic.
Posted

Hey! Don't hold back there Ken.......... :banghead:

  • The Best Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted
Ok, so I'm up for a little sport ... ;)

Avert your eyes kiddies, he'll take on different forms.

Not only are AU's ugly, I'd go as far as to say that anyone who drives one is most likely a pillow-bitting, limp-wristed, poor-sighted, blowse-wearing, nancy boy who has an un-natural attachment to their mother and a tendancy to lisp ... :thumbsup:

"INCOMING!"

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Me thinks that Ken is gonna cop a bit of sh!t about these remarks!

I think the "non-sporty" model AU's (gLi, futura, etc.) don't look too good, but the sporty models (XR's, Tickfords) looked pretty good. The AU was a car that needed stuff like rear spoiler, body kit, special headlights, etc. to make it look good.

Having said all that, one thing is for sure. The AU is nothing compared to the BA.

...and now back to the thread topic. I got a sedan because I like to be able to have the option of having more than one passenger. I also don't like the look of utes as much as sedans. (Still look good though.)

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 3d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: IN YOUR NIGHTMARES
Posted
I'm with you on this one Bara ... AU's are ugly!  :sick:

:bomb:

Putting Sh1t on the AU again are we/ and the people who drive them.....??

I have a very nice little button with DELETE on it......hmmm might have to use it :blink:

Listen to MissXR:

AU FALCONS ARE NOT UGLY........they just sorta look odd, kinda......hehe

OK OK AU 1 - I agree - oogly

but AU 11 - nice, especially Silver Utes :blink:

just gonna go and cry now.......you guys picking on my baby :ermm:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...