hambo_12 Member 317 Member For: 22y 11m 25d Posted 20/10/03 01:20 AM Posted 20/10/03 01:20 AM Hi, I was recently in an xr6t and the owner had a sceen in the dash that is an option I think. It is a square about 15 x 15 cm. Is this standard, or part of the premium or prestige sound option?
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 20/10/03 01:28 AM Posted 20/10/03 01:28 AM OK, I'll have a crack at this ... please forgive me if I get it wrong, but I'm not that technical. The screen in the dash is for a few things and does common as standard on XR6's.It's called the ICC or Integrated Command Centre (I hope?) and controls your audio system and satellite navigation if you have it.With the audio, you can get standard sound (as standard), prestige or premium options. Prestige comes with a 6-stack CD player and B&W screen, while Premium comes with 6-stack, colour screen and 150w sub plus 11 speakers ... :o You can also get aftermarket systems for Blaupunkt that add functionality to the standard system, e.g., in-dash DVD, VCD, MP3, SatNav, etc., etc.,Hope this helps, and hope I didn't mislead you.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 20/10/03 01:39 AM Posted 20/10/03 01:39 AM Since your buying a ute hambo_12 you can forget about the color screen, you can only option from standard to prestige sound in the ute, which is basically going from single disc to six disc in dash changer for $600, in my opinion a huge waste of money!
hambo_12 Member 317 Member For: 22y 11m 25d Posted 20/10/03 01:57 AM Author Posted 20/10/03 01:57 AM My main question was, do you get the same sized screen with the standard sound system? I have heard that it is only a pissy little screen that looks stupid....
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 20/10/03 02:00 AM Posted 20/10/03 02:00 AM As far as I'm aware the standard and the prestige screen are the same size.
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 20/10/03 02:02 AM Posted 20/10/03 02:02 AM My main question was, do you get the same sized screen with the standard sound system? I have heard that it is only a pissy little screen that looks stupid.... Pretty sure it's the same size reguardless of the option, standard, prestige or premium.There was some talk about the screen size being difference in NZ? Buried away in a thread somewhere?
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 20/10/03 02:35 AM Posted 20/10/03 02:35 AM Premium has the larger color screen.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 26d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 20/10/03 02:43 AM Posted 20/10/03 02:43 AM Large(Borrowed from Mondies old one.{I think})Small (standard - Pissylittle screen that looks stupid{as fitted to mine} ) Do agree though. :D
hambo_12 Member 317 Member For: 22y 11m 25d Posted 20/10/03 02:52 AM Author Posted 20/10/03 02:52 AM So is there any way that you can get the 10x better colour screen on the ute? Cause the standard one looks
XR6TK1W1 Member 435 Member For: 23y 6m 15d Location: Wellington NZ Posted 20/10/03 04:49 AM Posted 20/10/03 04:49 AM My main question was, do you get the same sized screen with the standard sound system? I have heard that it is only a pissy little screen that looks stupid....Pretty sure it's the same size reguardless of the option, standard, prestige or premium.There was some talk about the screen size being difference in NZ? Buried away in a thread somewhere? No same size. But Ford in it's wisdom only has the Turbo with premium sound as standard in NZ. The XR6 has it as an option. Not sure why could be to do with NZ being more supportive to Ford over the years but I doubt it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now