Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 4d
Posted

Hey Mal,

Great info and thanks for the heads about about Pedders, I was simply going to take it to NRMA and get a full inspection done, since this will be my wife's daily driver with the kids, saftey is paramount!

I figured getting a full inpsection is possibly the best way to go.

I've been looking for a workshop manual and suprised nothing really around or is this stuff still under wraps :3gears::crybaby::buttonit:

I will book it in with either Pedders or NRMA and report back

Cheers

Kosti

  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Oi Kosta,

The fuller the inspection the better, if is a valid warranty claim, it will need repair. The dealer gets paid from Ford for any warranty work the are approved to carry out, the rate which is of course less that retail, but hey, work is work for any workshop. Im sure you will be very happy with the purchase, they are a vehicle which combine practicality and heaps of go, and for relatively modest outlay, offer superb bang for your buck, usually running times down the strip that shame lots of T's with many more RWKW and dollars spent. Just another joy of AWD.

Cheers moit,

MJK

  • RNS10S
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 15d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

give the wife the subi, and keep the ghia you know you want too

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 4d
Posted

Ha, so true!

just saw a overlay on ebay from a guy selling them just for the Ford screens, here comes the car pc :crybaby:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast, QLD
Posted

I'm in the market for one of these too... what price did you pick it up for if you don't mind me askin?

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 4d
Posted

I forgot to mention, only got 1 key and remote, now that sux, so what options are available, ebay or dealer or locksmith?

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 4d
Posted

I'm in the market for one of these too... what price did you pick it up for if you don't mind me askin?

TTG [$27200 + GST] + ADMIN FEE [$300] + TRANSFER FEE / RTA STAMP DUTY + REGO + CTP + FULL INSURANCE

:crybaby:

adds up in the end, so broke right now

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 5d
  • Location: Brooklyn
Posted

TTG [$27200 + GST] + ADMIN FEE [$300] + TRANSFER FEE / RTA STAMP DUTY + REGO + CTP + FULL INSURANCE

:thumbsup:

adds up in the end, so broke right now

Damm that's good buying mate/That would of been 70K brand new 3 years ago.

Well done.

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

$27k for a TTG is excellent price, most on carsales are well into the mid $30k's.

It looks like an ex AFP car, I nearly had Kevin Rudd's white security TTG bail me up in Kirribilli last year when I was reverse parking and held up his entourage.

The bung removal is easy, usually between $50 -$100 from an exhaust shop. The Balljoint problem is noticable when driving the car as it will generally bang fromt he front wheels over small bumps. Ford will cover them out of warranty for up to 150,000km. I would take it to ford for a full checkup and make sure the ECU has the latest flashes on it and they can fix any minor issues. Also check in the tailgate down the bottom where the seals meet, there will be rust. Also the glass rear door may be rubbing on the paint in the corners.

The TTg is a great car, we have had ours nearly 4 years and I still love driving it.

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 4d
Posted

Thanks guys, yeah I reckon I got lucky and picked this up at a good price!

Well I had a mate (mechanic) check it over and a few things popped up, just hope there is some warranty left as I will be going to see Ford on Monday.

This is what we found

- Front Diff mounts (both) stuffed

- Oil leak @ steering pump as alternator is soaked with it

- Minor rust around the front tow hook

- Fan Belt idler pulley noisey

- Brake light switch sticking, causing crusie control to dis-engage

- Minor rust under brake reservior

- Gearbox has oil stain under pan, suspect a slight leak

Form me! I cant believe the level of rust for such a young car, did they run out of undercoat or what!

Cheers

Kosti

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...