Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Ville
Posted

Had this happen to me car ran fine and sounded like lose tappits it was 3 bent rods :(

  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted

There's only one guy in Melbourne with the old Dongle I know of and that's Nick aka "The Wog" XTC Performance. Is this him?

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

nooooocrybaby.gifcrybaby.gif

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Broady, Melbourne
Posted

Run. Turn around and run and don't look back lest you turn into a pillar of turd.

  • Like 1
  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

spit.gif Fark you Steph , I now have to change me Tenna Lady

Now there's a stirthepot.gif P@@surrenderwave.gif

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 1m 17d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

I have this tapping noise also in roughly the same place you have mentioned. But it only seems to turn up after the car is warmed up after a 15min drive or so.

Is your car similar or does do it do it when its cold aswell?

Which test is more accurate a leak down test or a compression test?dontknow.gif

Edited by Brendan XR6-T
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Northern South Australia
Posted

Compression test is for well... Compression, it will only check to make sure your pistons seal properly and that the piston reaches all the way up. So if you got a bent rod, the piston wont move up as far and hence, giving less compression. Also if you have a very old and worn engine, the rings might be cracked or the bore worn. Can all cause different readings. I think the normal for a B series was 195psi. that's off the top of my head, dont quote me.

I dunno if a leak test is a compression test or if different. Maby it only checks if the piston seals right and not compression.

I know a compression test is 100% accurate for its reading. I havent known any one to get less that optium readings in a car less that 250 thousand kays, and being a big straight 6, they dont rev hard and apprenty these engines dont wear much any way. You will get a read out like

Pot 1 : 190

Pot 3 : 190

Pot 2 : 98

Pot 5 : 102

Pot 4 : 190

Pot 6 : 132

I dunno the exact order of the pistons, I know there not 1 to 6 in order. A read out like that would surgest 3 f*cked pots, 2, 5, and 6.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Broady, Melbourne
Posted

spit.gif Fark you Steph , I now have to change me Tenna Lady

Now there's a stirthepot.gif P@@surrenderwave.gif

Teena lady, is there anything they can't do?

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane North
Posted

God dont take it anywhere near ford!

Guest EGOXRT
  • Guests
Posted

Sounds like a case of the watcha ma call it's! Dyno wog specialty.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...