Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

There's only one guy in Melbourne with the old Dongle I know of and that's Nick aka "The Wog" XTC Performance. Is this him?

It isnt dynowog. I bought it from a guy named Bruce Heinrich of Heinrich Performance in Adelaide.

  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I have this tapping noise also in roughly the same place you have mentioned. But it only seems to turn up after the car is warmed up after a 15min drive or so.

Is your car similar or does do it do it when its cold aswell?

Which test is more accurate a leak down test or a compression test?dontknow.gif

Yes it only happens when the car is warm. Once I get it checked out I will let you know what it is.

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

05 mk11 so BA ? that's got to be 5 years old can't see ford helping you out much with that .

Get a second opinion

The only reason I'm taking it to ford is because it is still under warranty. They guy I bought it from had a 5 year extended warranty so I'm hoping it will cover it.

  • My new toy
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld.
Posted

not worth the piece of paper it is written.

They will have to pull it down workout what happened and then theyy get appoval or not if they dont you have to pay for the work they have done already.

Ian

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Ok so I have spoken to ford, and they have told me that I need a new bottom end. They just told me to submit the papers with the warranty company because I havnt transferred the warranty over from the previous owner, and they will take care of it.

Apparently I need a new bottom end, something to do with 5 and 6 gears and ive apparently spun a bearing around. They said once ive completed the paper work, they will get someone to come down and assess it and get a quote to give back to the warranty company and all should be well.

I will let you guys know in more detail what the problem is when I go to pick up my car.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 3d
Posted

Ok so I have spoken to ford, and they have told me that I need a new bottom end. They just told me to submit the papers with the warranty company because I havnt transferred the warranty over from the previous owner, and they will take care of it.

Apparently I need a new bottom end, something to do with 5 and 6 gears and ive apparently spun a bearing around. They said once ive completed the paper work, they will get someone to come down and assess it and get a quote to give back to the warranty company and all should be well.

I will let you guys know in more detail what the problem is when I go to pick up my car.

..

SO IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TUNE

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Alright guys so I've found out what the problem is.

Ford have said that it was a bent rod, and also the bearing for the 5th cylinder as well as the con rod bearings.

They have replaced all of the conrods with stronger ones and the bearings for the 5th and 6th cylinders. They have also replaced the ignition coils as a precaution.

lucky for me the whole lot was covered under warranty so I got really lucky.

thanks for all your help, you guys rock!

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I'll say... What dealer did you go through?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...