Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 25d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 18/07/10 02:49 AM Posted 18/07/10 02:49 AM Im thinkin of toying with a icc media system, dont want to spend much as I mainly just want a fancy looking graphic equaliser and the ability to play mp3's via the ICC.would a xbox or sumthing work? something I dont have to physically "switch" on each time I get in and out of the car?was thinking xbox would be my easiest option as then I can watch movies,filmclips and the likes on the screen. Also whats the easiest way of powering a xbox to 12v?
FOONIN Legacy Donating Member 678 Member For: 17y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: CHCH NZ Posted 18/07/10 05:22 AM Posted 18/07/10 05:22 AM sounds awesome..keep me informed how you do, Im looking for something like that...would you use stock screen? or??
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 25d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 18/07/10 01:03 PM Author Posted 18/07/10 01:03 PM yer want to use stock screen, I want this to be as budget as possible, simply for the fact I only want to use this setup for mp3's and visualisations.
FOONIN Legacy Donating Member 678 Member For: 17y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: CHCH NZ Posted 19/07/10 06:28 AM Posted 19/07/10 06:28 AM yeah sounds like me :D...either that or its the half dutch in me lol
xr6turbs boosting Legacy Donating Member 391 Member For: 20y 3m 12d Gender: Male Location: Glendene, Auckland NZ 0602 Posted 19/07/10 10:05 AM Posted 19/07/10 10:05 AM I did mine on the cheap.... however I did get all my gear second handI have a Blaupunkt video converter and the I'm guessing the ford sat nav cable which I installed myself through the dash and powered it from under the steering wheel extra power source.And I just run a video ipod off it for when I watch videos could use other inputs as its just a video RCA. and just use the Aux cable for the iPod music. (aux is also used for when videos are playing) the kit I got also came with a Alpine DVD headunit but I haven't installed it.
FOONIN Legacy Donating Member 678 Member For: 17y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: CHCH NZ Posted 19/07/10 07:48 PM Posted 19/07/10 07:48 PM how much it sting you?
xr6turbs boosting Legacy Donating Member 391 Member For: 20y 3m 12d Gender: Male Location: Glendene, Auckland NZ 0602 Posted 20/07/10 10:43 AM Posted 20/07/10 10:43 AM all up I think it cost me about $320 for all the gear and another $10 or $15 for wiring and plugs?Pretty sweet deal considering the Head unit retailed for like $1,200. However, don't know about the cable or the converter retail prices.all gear came out of a traded BA GT at a ford dealership down the line ayegotta love trademe aye
FOONIN Legacy Donating Member 678 Member For: 17y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: CHCH NZ Posted 20/07/10 07:53 PM Posted 20/07/10 07:53 PM So what you can watch music videos etc? How do you switch back to stock screen?
xr6turbs boosting Legacy Donating Member 391 Member For: 20y 3m 12d Gender: Male Location: Glendene, Auckland NZ 0602 Posted 22/07/10 12:50 AM Posted 22/07/10 12:50 AM yeah can watch music videos and videos all off my ipod. basically, it just reverts back to the original screen momentarily while you are using those functions for example volume. and then turns back to the video after a few seconds.My iPod is also not plugged into via video converter all the time either as only use it when it needs to be playing something so it just stays on the normal screen.
FOONIN Legacy Donating Member 678 Member For: 17y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: CHCH NZ Posted 22/07/10 06:54 AM Posted 22/07/10 06:54 AM ahh I wanttttttttttttttttt
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now