Cobba_Dan Member 8 Member For: 17y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/07/10 07:36 AM Posted 17/07/10 07:36 AM Bought this secondhand (not from here)Was told that the car it came off was a completely stock BF with 70,000 Ks and ran fine.I dont know alot about turbo's but to me it looks like its tried to swallow a screwdriver.It would have to be off balance with chunks missing like that wouldn't it ??Thoughts on repair costs ??
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/07/10 07:42 AM Posted 17/07/10 07:42 AM they are balancing marks mate. The paint is part of the dynamic balancing process. It all looks fine too me!
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/07/10 08:00 AM Posted 17/07/10 08:00 AM Agreed but surely that can't be factory balancing?
Cobba_Dan Member 8 Member For: 17y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/07/10 08:03 AM Author Posted 17/07/10 08:03 AM I was really hoping someone was going to say that. Hiddeous given your stats, I respect and find it very hard to doubt what you say, but then again looking at the pics I still find it hard to believe. Just out of curiosity cos ive just started hanging out on this site Is this one of those questions that comes up all the time ?? Newbies buy a secondhand turbo, then come on here and say holy crap, is this normal.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/07/10 08:04 AM Posted 17/07/10 08:04 AM why not?
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/07/10 08:06 AM Posted 17/07/10 08:06 AM Not really, when you think about it. This is Fordxr6turbo.com so most members cars come with a turbo. Not all but
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/07/10 08:11 AM Posted 17/07/10 08:11 AM Cobba,If you are unsure email the photos of the turbo to a reputable turbo shop (or wait and hope ETM see's this thread) and they should be able to quell your doubts.Its normal mate. I looks rough as guts but thats how they are balanced. Clean the oil off the compressor with some carb cleaner etc and the paint mark wont look so bad.
possum Legacy Donating Member 553 Member For: 17y 4m 9d Gender: Male Posted 17/07/10 08:13 AM Posted 17/07/10 08:13 AM too further ease your mind have a look at the so called "damage" it is a machined finished. I wouldnt worry mate
Gloo Member 403 Member For: 18y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Northern South Australia Posted 17/07/10 08:29 AM Posted 17/07/10 08:29 AM My turbo on my BA has some wild balancing marks. Didnt have the paint though, never seen that sh*t before? Both my BA and the FG dont have paint on the blades.
Cobba_Dan Member 8 Member For: 17y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/07/10 08:30 AM Author Posted 17/07/10 08:30 AM Awesome Ive bought this and a pretty much everything else I need to convert my NA to a turbo. I was hanging out for it to arrive, there were a few delays but I finally got my hands on it. Then when I had a closer look I was shattered. You've put my mind at ease gentlemen. Many thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now