envyxr Member 201 Member For: 17y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 14/07/10 09:07 AM Posted 14/07/10 09:07 AM So ive sold my T and for the last few moths I have been getting around in a turbo diesel Nissan navara.After hoping out of a 400+rwhp XR6T my wife calls it the turtle(on account of it being so slow).Now dont get me wrong I have enjoyed hill climbing and playing in the mud in this rig and I got it cheap,real cheap, but the opportunity has arose to swap it for a BA MKII XR6 N/A,now this jigger looks the part and has some go fast goodies such as crow cams,exhaust so what sort of power should I expect from this beast,I know its going to be nothing like my T was and I dont excpect it to be just wondering if around 200-250HP would be the mark ,what do ya reckon.
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/07/10 09:13 AM Posted 14/07/10 09:13 AM (edited) There not "go fast goodies" there just parts.Without diverting to an N/A bashing thread like I always do let me just say this, I'm guessing you sold your T to save money right? Don't go and waste that money an N/A. Edited 14/07/10 09:14 AM by Dillz
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/07/10 09:18 AM Posted 14/07/10 09:18 AM (edited) doesnt make sense why you sold the T in the first place, only to now want to go back to a falcoon n/a making more power on n/a's is a waste of money imo. Edited 14/07/10 09:19 AM by fordfreak1
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 14/07/10 10:25 AM Posted 14/07/10 10:25 AM I dont know why some of you guyys bother replying to post we all need to do things that may sound silly to but that is life.If you cant say something to answer the question take a hike.I have had to do it aswell now drive a bf future does that make me strupid no it means that I have had to make some decisions in life.As for the question at hand I have seen a n/a ba xr6 tuned with full exhaust edit and cold air intake put out 235 kw's at the flywheel so with cams and more tuning I would think there is more in there.So no not as much as the turbo but still some great power for what it is.Ian
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/07/10 10:57 AM Posted 14/07/10 10:57 AM Thought the whole point was to help members? Which I was doing by trying to save him some time and money.
envyxr Member 201 Member For: 17y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 14/07/10 09:49 PM Author Posted 14/07/10 09:49 PM Thanks for you opinions lads,the reason for selling my T was that I needed cash fast... So problem solved I done what I had to and bought a much cheaper car to get around.Now I only paid $6500 for this 4WD and like I said before the opportunity has come around to swap it for a car worth twice as much.Should I just put up with the 4WD or seize an opportunity to get into another falcon albeit an N/A.
seduced Need more power. Now taking donations. Member 753 Member For: 17y 7m 12d Gender: Male Posted 14/07/10 11:11 PM Posted 14/07/10 11:11 PM Keep the 4wd and wait for the opportunity to get into a T again. Or even a newer xr6 na.I wouldnt bother with a modded NA. Hard to re-sell and for all the noise and drama, you're not really going any faster. Plus BA's are long in the tooth these days, I would avoid them and save up for a used FG xr6.
Guest XR09 Guests Posted 15/07/10 03:59 AM Posted 15/07/10 03:59 AM If you are going to make 6 large on the 4wd then sell it as fast as you can. that's 6 large closer to the T if you choose to go back down that path.You will get stuff all trading a 4wd in on a T, or a newer n/a.4wd = High running costs and maintenence. Specially if you play with them in the bush. Crap to drive. Noisey. Don't stop or go hard. No more room inside than the XR sedan.XR n/a = 1,000,000k's of trouble free reliable driving with only regular oil changes. 20,000k's out of a set of tires. Don't touch the motor. Do the suspension, stereo and save the bucks till you can be back in a T or later model n/a.
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 15/07/10 06:54 AM Posted 15/07/10 06:54 AM Trade up, a BA mk2 is still worth around the 15k mark. And there still not exactly slugs with especially with cams and an exhaust.Just slam it on 19s/20s and they look sweet
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/07/10 07:02 AM Posted 15/07/10 07:02 AM Thanks for you opinions lads,the reason for selling my T was that I needed cash fast... So problem solved I done what I had to and bought a much cheaper car to get around.Now I only paid $6500 for this 4WD and like I said before the opportunity has come around to swap it for a car worth twice as much.Should I just put up with the 4WD or seize an opportunity to get into another falcon albeit an N/A.Very Important point you left out mate, lol. TRADE! TRADE!! TRADE!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now