Constant Rough Idle Vibration

louiseanddanny

• 10.5 @ 132MPH
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 3d

I am having a drama with our car it loves to constantly vibrate I mean like rough idle at low RPM's, every bloody traffic light gee thing vibrates. Ive had people give me there opinions but unfortunatly im lost.What could it be? I trust this forum can help me!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

dare I say it but my holden (from years ago) had a rough idle too, it never missed a service so I knew it was running pretty good. but it also had engine mounts that were badly rooted too, I never ended up replacing them so I guess it could have been the problem after all. check yours out you never know.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 23d

I too, used to drive Holden's, in particular, my engine mount issues were in my Camira's.

When the car's would begin to idle rough, I knew the driver's side engine mount would be buggered.

• 10.5 @ 132MPH
  • Donating Members

My car vibrates really badly at idle compared to all my mate's XR6T's.

This is due to my broken left engine mount.

Thanks for the advise will really get stuck into it and soon as I fix some other problem im having!!!You know when you get 1 problem it multiply's WHY? I guess my bad luck, Will sometime get a new modem because the dam thing blew up!!!!Now the problem I think is my lower control arm bushes are really worn,because ive gone through 4 sets of tyres. NEGATIVE CAMBER sucks

Edited by louiseanddanny

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 23d

Man, these things always seem to happen in three's.

LUMO and I will be changing my left engine mount on Monday. We'll see if my rear view mirror will stop vibrating after that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10.5 @ 132MPH
  • Donating Members

Ok then I have succeeded in finding out what my cars problems are,1ST the vibration is the drivers side enginemount and was quoted $110 dollars.Have been told that the turbo has to come out, is this nessersary?2ND problem with the so (called negative camber)it was not the lower control arms at all it had something to do with GET THIS! the ABS brake system.The front right and the left rear was coming on at speed which ment a lot of unconrolled stability. Has anyone ever had this same problem ?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 10d

Turbo does not have to come off...though you will get different work shops tell you different things...

I bought the a genuine mount for $285 and got it fitted without turbo removal...the car idles very smooth now...

In regards to your negative camber problem is this causing the DSC light to come on?

In regard to your negative camber problem are you getting the DSC light go on?