KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 2d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 14/10/03 06:14 AM Posted 14/10/03 06:14 AM I agree with Cro! :lol: CameronWhat hasn't occured to Cro yet, is that I don't want to ... :lol:
FamiliaGTRAe Team "I don't have no Falcon now" Member 387 Member For: 23y 3m 4d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 14/10/03 06:22 AM Posted 14/10/03 06:22 AM Seriously though I've been told by some that the noise is quite common and is simply the difference in the compound of the pads themselves, as you noted when you stop pretty hard there is no squealing, and that's probably because the pads get hot quick and don't make any noise.I've noticed it myself, and it is worse when the weather is colder, and if you've just started driving. Have a listen to a V8 Supercar when they are doing outlaps from the pits or the first coupla laps of a race, they squeal too! (although v8 Supercar brakes on my T mmmmmmm )Best thing is you've got the stopping power there if you need it, and they brakes do look pretty good! Most of all enjoy your T, and before Cro says "Drive it like you stole it" I think I will say it! :D Cameron
DavoWA Proud Team Blueprint member Member 286 Member For: 23y 5m 18d Location: Perth Posted 14/10/03 09:57 AM Posted 14/10/03 09:57 AM Ken 24T,Thanks for the Welcome into Team HgAg. She was never going to be any other colour.Does the sqealing sudside at all, or am I stuck with it ? It's more of a nuisance than a concern.Thanks again,KorNDSWelcome KorNDS.In response to your question, and in turn, the comments from Ken, the squealing will instantly subside with a paint job
1axr TEAM BLUEPRINT Member 913 Member For: 23y 7m 28d Location: Perth W.A. Posted 14/10/03 10:43 AM Posted 14/10/03 10:43 AM lets see more TEAM BLUEPRINT.oh yes, welcome KorNDS even if your car is that dirty colour HgAg.oh oh yes, un welcome ken
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 8m 22d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 14/10/03 01:22 PM Posted 14/10/03 01:22 PM oh oh yes, un welcome ken Seems like you've got a lot of friends on here Ken! :hiwelcome:
bloan Member 379 Member For: 23y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne. Posted 14/10/03 03:00 PM Posted 14/10/03 03:00 PM Another confirmation that HgAg is driven by fuddy old cardigan wearing, senile grey haired, incontinent old farts. One should not generalise! Not all if any at all are "fuddy old cardigan wearing senile grey haired, incontinent old farts".Fuddy, not! A cardigan I DON'T own! Senile, not yet! Grey haired, not yet!Incontinent, no! Old fart, not!Anyway what colour did Ford choose to use as its signiture colour in its comerical of the XR6T?Any takers?Lastly do any of us really care what colour our cars are? Isn't it all about the Turbo Motor & the power it produces & is capable of producing??????
pym Member 332 Member For: 23y 3m 1d Location: Sydney, Australia Posted 14/10/03 09:58 PM Posted 14/10/03 09:58 PM KorNDS (missing a few letters here perhaps an 'e' and an 'I'.) ?The squeeling of premium breaks is a known issue and has been discussed on the forum before (although I can't find it).I don't believe anyone has found a fix, other than to replace, machine the pads etc etc.....As long as they work, just turn up the premium sound to drown out the noise....Did I say premium sound ?....well if it is who I believe it is...whoops you don't have it.....:lol:
ZMAN Member 669 Member For: 23y 5m 1d Location: Inglewood, W.A Posted 14/10/03 11:55 PM Posted 14/10/03 11:55 PM Hi KorndsYes the squealing brakes is an issue...you should approach your dealership and complain...as I have numerous times...on my 3000 k service they have told me that this problem is known to Ford and that they are working on a solution....apparently they reckon its a caliper and Brake compound issue...if all squealers unite and complain maybe we can have a resolution sooner than later....I ask all squealers to come out!!!!
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 2d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 15/10/03 12:11 AM Posted 15/10/03 12:11 AM oh oh yes, un welcome kenSeems like you've got a lot of friends on here Ken! :o Why are people so unkind? :hiwelcome:
turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 15/10/03 12:28 AM Posted 15/10/03 12:28 AM [Anyway what colour did Ford choose to use as its signiture colour in its comerical of the XR6T?Any takers?Check out all the glossy Ford brochures on the 2 door XR6T.... Ford uses BLUEPRINT Check out the FPV web site...... Is that Blueprint again???? Check out the Falcon website, all models shown... HgAg is shown on the XT model????? as its the demographic colour of choice for the masses of old cardigan wearing senile, incontinent old farts :hiwelcome: :lol: :lol: :lol: PS don't take it so seriously folks....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now