Hazey Member 234 Member For: 23y 1m 25d Posted 13/05/10 01:46 AM Posted 13/05/10 01:46 AM Firstly does the dreaded clunk in rear end happen with the G6ET or is it only with the LSD in the XR and F6?Looking at buying in about 4 months time and considering the G6ET over the XRT for a few reasons. I think the XR's are too common especially the XR6 and I'm guarenteed to get everything I want with the G6, like leather, luxury dash, prem sound, ipod, rev sensors etc. Where as with the XR will be alot harder especially when I only want one colour - EGO.I would be looking at a demo as my budget will be low - mid $40K. What do you think they will be worth in about 4 months? 2010 demo or new floor stock? The series 2 may be out then too so a series 1 may be heavily discounted? Ive seen current prices at 46K- 49K (3000km to undriven demos)Thanks everyone
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 13/05/10 03:28 AM Posted 13/05/10 03:28 AM Got a bit of driveline shunt in mine, nothing wrong with the diff though. I think it's inevitable unfortunately Mid $40's sounds about right for a demonstrator, NFI what's coming up in terms of mkII's or anything.
INASNT Member 361 Member For: 20y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 13/05/10 04:04 AM Posted 13/05/10 04:04 AM If you accelerate hard and then come off the throttle half way through the rev range, you get a massive thud from the back which sounds like the diff.
vrrm Legacy Donating Member 31 Member For: 16y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 13/05/10 04:11 AM Posted 13/05/10 04:11 AM (edited) Firstly does the dreaded clunk in rear end happen with the G6ET Have had my G6ET for a couple of weeks now, good car. When I flatten it from standing (or from slow on an uneven road) I get a BANG in the back. Sounds like too soft suspension not enjoying the rush.Had car service yesterday. Mentioned this prob among other things to the dealer. They muttered something about bushes (think I'll visit a suspension specialist). Anyhow the dealer said they 'flushed' (his term) the software. I think he meant flashed, remapped the change points etc. When I booted the thing last night it seemed better, no noise, but squishier rear end as TCS struggled with it.One thing to consider if tossing up between G6ET and XR6T is the absence of an LSD in the G6ET. The TCS is fine for normal driving e.g. if you are a within the speed limits kinda guy, but if you like to turn the TCS off and put your foot into it then you are going to notice the missing LSD and will have to void some s & a bit of the warranty to fit one. Edited 13/05/10 04:13 AM by vrrm
Hazey Member 234 Member For: 23y 1m 25d Posted 13/05/10 06:30 AM Author Posted 13/05/10 06:30 AM Anyhow the dealer said they 'flushed' (his term) the software. I think he meant flashed, remapped the change points etc. When I booted the thing last night it seemed better, no noise, but squishier rear end as TCS struggled with it.Did you notice any reduction in power? I'm cautious when ford want to 'reflash' they may say remap shift points but what they may actually be doing is flashing a less powerfull tune as these things are definatly pushing out more that 270kw and doing this will save on warranty claims regarding diff etc. And the reason you dont get the thud anymore is because there is less power going through the drivetrainRegarding LSD, Im not sure hey, its going to become the family car as my missus and I are having a baby. So would only really be putting the foot in it when the baby not in the car. All this would only be in straight line usually.
turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 6m 1d Gender: Male Posted 13/05/10 06:55 AM Posted 13/05/10 06:55 AM I'd hold off till Ford fix the diff problem. I am amazed that Ford did not fix this in the FG. The bush simply cant cope and It would not be too hard to put an extra bush in the back to spread the load.If they dont fix it in the series 2 then there is something drastically wrong in the diff department at ford. Someone should get the sack for not fixing the problem.Just imagine, a brand new car and you can get it to clunk by a sudden accel/decel
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 24d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 13/05/10 08:35 AM Posted 13/05/10 08:35 AM Still got diff issues hey. Ford build qaulity is shocking. Id have more faith in new hyundia and kia build qaulity.
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 13/05/10 09:26 AM Posted 13/05/10 09:26 AM No diff issues...it just goes when I tell it to.....best car Ive owned...not one issueLooking to have mine for sale shortly May 08 in Sensation with 51kPrivate 39kTrade 34-36k on 4WD
vrrm Legacy Donating Member 31 Member For: 16y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 13/05/10 11:25 AM Posted 13/05/10 11:25 AM Did you notice any reduction in power? I'm cautious when ford want to 'reflash' they may say remap shift points but what they may actually be doing is flashing a less powerfull tune as these things are definatly pushing out more that 270kw and doing this will save on warranty claims regarding diff etc. And the reason you dont get the thud anymore is because there is less power going through the drivetrainThere is a slight difference I think. But as taking off with the foot flat did and still does involve a dance between traction loss and the TCS, but with less of a bang, I'm not particularly concerned. And as I am planning some mods including an independent tune in the not too distant future I don't mind.
wagnman Member 567 Member For: 17y 3m 10d Posted 14/05/10 11:19 PM Posted 14/05/10 11:19 PM Its still the same rear end set up as the BA - BF falcons so yeh the same old clunk is still there.Its the diff mounting bush that's the issue not the diff itself.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now