Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 15d
  • Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Posted

Hi all,

Its been a while since I've been on the forums but anyhow, have any of you noticed any wear on the underside of your steering wheels? I've had the car for about 10 months or so and I noticed it a couple of days ago and I'm now convinced that the steering wheel position is too low (even when adjusted to its highest position) for getting in/out and not hitting/rubbing against it. Your thoughts?

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Burpengary QLD
Posted

Haven't had an issue with mine, it's starting to wear a little bit on one of the seam lines at the top though.

  • Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sunshine coast
Posted

I had two red and black momo steering wheels in my xr6t and they both wore down where I held the wheel

  • 1 month later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 15d
  • Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Posted

So I got the steering wheel replaced under warranty (bit suprised to be honest) and after picking up the car, the new wheel looks and feels different to the old one??

The button surrounds are black instead of silver and the leather feels cheap. I went back to the service dealer today and queried it and they were none the wiser as to whether they installed the right/wrong one.

Does anyone know whether Ford have recently upgraded or changed the type steering wheel in the G6ET's?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 4m 14d
Posted

Actually I have worn out the steering wheel where I hold it on my BF also...is there any way to fix this or do you need to buy a new steering wheel?

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I dont have that problem; but my leather hand brake is slightly worn though.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 8d
Posted (edited)

So I got the steering wheel replaced under warranty (bit suprised to be honest) and after picking up the car, the new wheel looks and feels different to the old one??

The button surrounds are black instead of silver and the leather feels cheap. I went back to the service dealer today and queried it and they were none the wiser as to whether they installed the right/wrong one.

Does anyone know whether Ford have recently upgraded or changed the type steering wheel in the G6ET's?

EDIT: reading your post a little more carefully you're saying the surrounds are different? As in the buttons are still silver but there are black segments separating them? If you've got this then you have the current level high series wheel (changed around mid 2009 from memory). If you have completely black buttons instead of silver then as I said, the space cadets have given you the wrong wheel.

Edited by bunna
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 15d
  • Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Posted

Bunna....yes, the buttons are still silver but the segments separating them are black. Thanks for the feedback, as the geese at the service dept had no idea and neither did Ford customer service when I called them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...