Jump to content

What Is Your Favourite Gear?  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney, south west
Posted

Thought this might be interesting. So, which is it:

First - the full g-force, throw you back in your seat, punch you in the guts, explosive power

Second - just when the ricers think they have you, chuck it down and bye bye birdy

Third - all the power you want, on tap, plus that lovely rumbly grumbly sound you get when the foot goes down

Fourth - what you need to get you to top speed

Fifth - ??? (give me a break, I have an auto)

I pick third :blink:<_<

(NA drivers welcome)

  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EXR24T
  • Guests
Posted

Mate, you forget the most important gear for us T5 drivers, the ANTICIPATION gear ,"neutral ", cause this is where it all begins!!

Loud Pedal to the floor, that's my boy !!

All the best , timmy.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 7d
  • Location: Sydney, Australia
Posted

Personally prefer 2nd....for exactly the same reason you give....plus 2nd is good for anything from 0 to 100kmh.

  • The Best Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

I picked 1st. I love the quick take offs. And I love to turn off traction control and give it a few revs when I do U turns (if you know what I mean :huh:)

I would have picked 2nd too if you could pick two. I love it when driving along sedately and just slip it into 2nd and plant the accelerator. :D

BTW, I have a manual. :wub: This thread's gotten me all excited... bring on the weekend.

  • Bloody Orange Team (BOT)
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra, Australia
Posted

I like them all, although 5th seems useless in the manual though. But I picked 1st gear in the poll.. Why?, because this is the gear that most passengers say "F**K ME DEAD" etc.

  • Flower Power
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

1st and 3rd.

1st cause it throws you back in the seat, 3rd cause it's good for 210, happy cruising speed on private roads ofcourse :huh:

Haven't hit the rev limiter yet cause 4th is so damn sluggish...

  • What's happening?
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Steel City, NSW
Posted

I voted for 2nd.

Simply because I have already made the slow change from 1st, and can now punch it and enjoy the afterburners. Good for most traffic light GPs.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 11d
Posted

2nd! :huh:

With enough RPM at takeoff, 1st only lasts a heartbeat or 2.

2nd, one the other hand, is enough to leave almost anything else on the road behind.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 27d
  • Location: Country NSW
Posted
...But I picked 1st gear in the poll.. Why?, because this is the gear that most passengers say "F**K ME DEAD" etc.

I picked second because my passengers are holding on after first and just when they think it is over second kicks in and blow them completely away. :thumbsup:

  • Great rack
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong Vic.
Posted
Thought this might be interesting. So, which is it:

First - the full g-force, throw you back in your seat, punch you in the guts, explosive power

Second - just when the ricers think they have you, chuck it down and bye bye birdy

Third - all the power you want, on tap, plus that lovely rumbly grumbly sound you get when the foot goes down

Fourth - what you need to get you to top speed

Fifth - ??? (give me a break, I have an auto)

I pick third :nod::thumbsup:

(NA drivers welcome)

Me too :thumbsup:

Everything he said..........

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...