Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 3m 21d
Posted

my fg xr6 turbe has developed a bad brake shudder, just like the old ba's had. Took it to a ford dealer for a service (52000km) and he tells me that the disc is not covered after 50000km, anyone else had this prob or is he just pulling my chain....... maybe its time to upgrade the brakes.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 8m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posted

Id get a decent aftermarket disc. I have same problem with the BFmk2 front rotors and have had them skimmed but it comes back. Have found out from someone in the know that the rotor is just crap and told a good upgrade and fix is a DBA slotted rotor.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 4m 20d
Posted

Ive got the DBA 4000 Series Wiper slot on my BF Mark II and they still shudder on light brake applications on the HWY...Have used both Bendix Ulitmates and Ferodo Performance pads...

Even when you lightly machine them they will be good for a while but the shudder tends to come back within 10,000KMS in my experience...

Posted

has any one tried cleaning up the mating surfaces where everything touches (hub to disk and disk to wheel), by sanding then paint with some heat resistant paint to stop rust coming back?

I heard it is this rust that forces the disk to run out of alignment (which takes about 4 months). and that none of the brake places seal it after fixing it so you will be a repeat customer in 4-6 months time.

I am waiting until I have to change my pads at which time I will clean and paint everything (including new disks) and see how I go (probably 4 months time)

  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Have a look at this link - I've had my dba 4000 slotted rotors and Race Brake RB24 pads now and can honestly say they hardly powder my rims with black soot and I don't have brake shudder anymore. I had brake shudder real bad when I bought my BA but it's gotta be the best $340 odd bucks I've spent on the car so far - other was doing a $25 wheel balance :surrenderwave:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 4m 20d
Posted

I have actually met up wit Aron Franklin from DBA (He is the guy on the youtube video) and he whent over my rotor set up and he was of the opinion that the mating surfaces not being clenaed properly was the reason for the uneven disc wear...though if you ask any mechanic they will tell you this is negligible...most mechanics out there would not even consider cleaning the mating surfaces...and when you insist they do they look at you like your being some podantic b$stard...so next time im changing the rotors myself...

  • 1 year later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

Wheres the best place to buy DBA rotors, is there anyone online here that can supply them cheaper than down at my local autobarn/ where ever I can find locally, I had my tire guy tell me not to buy DBA and get RDA as he said that they are the same company, so thus are or nearly are the same product? yes they are cheaper but does anyone believe or have heard of this before aswell?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...