KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 06/11/03 01:17 AM Posted 06/11/03 01:17 AM Awwww, come on ... I feel bad enough, please cut me some slack. :tears: I promise I'll come to the next one, in fact, if you're really good .... I'll come twice. :hiwelcome:
KittyKatSmack Itty Bitty Kitty Kar Member 859 Member For: 23y 24d Location: on a road near you.... Posted 06/11/03 01:19 AM Author Posted 06/11/03 01:19 AM *ignores sexual innuendo comment*As the opening lines of Gilligan's Island song goes...."A 3 hour cruise..... A 3 hour cruise....."
XR64T Are we there yet? Legacy Donating Member 703 Member For: 23y 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 06/11/03 01:58 PM Posted 06/11/03 01:58 PM Aniken,I am heading along the M5 as well. Might have to pick up one or two mates along the way, depends who is keen to get up early on a Sunday.Probably the only place I know down Campbeltown way that I think I can describe how to get to would be the good old Campbeltown Golden Arches. Take the Narrellan Rd Exit off the freeway and turn left. This will take you into Campbeltown, then turn left at Appin Rd (I think that is it's name) and Maccas is about 100m down on the left, but I think you have to go around the block to get in. Also, you could always follow the red and yellow signs that are sure to be all over the place. If I remember rightly, it is less than 5 minutes from the freeway, and we can get back onto the Freeway at Narrellan Rd as well.Is 8am OK with you, that will give us stacks of time to get to Canberra by 11am. Even time to stop at one of the servo's along the way and sign some autographs (driving a T has its downside) :o I know 8am will be a real test for me on a Sunday morning!!There must some other Sydney siders with leased xr's, that need to ensure they meet their FBT requirements, that should be making the effort to come along. Think of it as a Tax write-off as well as an enjoyable day out. :o Cheers.PS: Maybe Ken is too old to make the trip!! :(
aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 06/11/03 09:07 PM Posted 06/11/03 09:07 PM XR64T,OK, I shall attempt to find the Maccas you speak of, and I shall also attempt to be there by 8am ( :o ).Yes, this is largely a tax write-off for me also, plus I could not make the combined NSW-Canberra event.And, Miss Kitty will be there :o
aaronmihe Upstanding Member Member 759 Member For: 23y 1m 5d Location: Canberra - ACT Posted 07/11/03 12:50 AM Posted 07/11/03 12:50 AM *grins* You gotta keep above the FBT ks mmmm FBT refund (I belive that's the way it works? as I pay FBT as part of each lease payment which att eh end of each FBT year gets sent off to the ATO)....
KittyKatSmack Itty Bitty Kitty Kar Member 859 Member For: 23y 24d Location: on a road near you.... Posted 07/11/03 02:05 AM Author Posted 07/11/03 02:05 AM OK Ladies and Gentlemen.....I have just confirmed Kamberra Winery, and dependant on weather ie/ how wet the grass is We will have pride of place parked up on the grass overlooking the winery and the racecourse.:DMichael is trying to organise some ramps to get us over the small guttering of the normal parking area to get the cars onto the 'hillock' for want of a better word.I have told him we will want to venture to some other areas during the day(that is up to you all to decide if we actually want to go elsewhere, or if we are having too much fun with the Jazz, wine and gourmet food for FREE!) but if we do, we can use the Winery as our base of operations.It looks like it is going to be a fantastic day.Aaron and I will get there at around 11am ish and cordon off an area for access to the grassy knoll *shooter on the hill, shooter on the hill*Please let me know if you want to be in on the a-la-carte lunch, because that is in the rest. and needs to be booked, so I need numbers for that.I will be honest here and say that it isn't cheap either, but it is very nice and very flash *pinky extended* yes please!I am really looking forward to Sunday and meeting everyone!And you are a big flatterer Ani!*blush*We will have the digital camera there for lots of pictures, don't forget that we have to show Ken what he is missing out on *wink* the big softie!!!!!!!*stick out tongue in 'his' general direction*As Big Kev says: "I'm excited!!!"*goes off like a frog in a sock!*:D
aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 07/11/03 02:24 AM Posted 07/11/03 02:24 AM I would be interested in the lunch. What is on the menu? How much is 'isn't cheap'?
KittyKatSmack Itty Bitty Kitty Kar Member 859 Member For: 23y 24d Location: on a road near you.... Posted 07/11/03 04:23 AM Author Posted 07/11/03 04:23 AM http://www.brlhardy.com.au/brands/kamberra/RestaurantThe Meeting Place Restaurant is a dedicated 120 seat restaurant specialising in carefully crafted regional food dishes matched with the region's best wines. The Meeting Place is always open in conjunction with the winery Cellar Door and outside Cellar Door hours for dinner, special functions and events. Executive Chef Daniel Sheehan from Blue Rock Catering showcases the finest of Canberra's regional produce skillfully matched with the finest in local wines. Blue Rock's reputation continues to grow with their recognition as NSW Caterer of the year for 2000 and 2001, followed recently with the award as Corporate Caterer of the year at the National finals.It is pretty flash.... I am figuring on Main course costing around $20??I have been there once before but unfortunately I didn't see the bill so I am not much help there :(Maybe Aaron can shed some light on the situation.*smiles at the crowd and backs nervously away*oh Aaron?
JJ_Phantom Member 208 Member For: 23y 1m 19d Location: ACT Posted 07/11/03 04:39 AM Posted 07/11/03 04:39 AM Any chance you'll be wearing the little red astina top Kitty?
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 22d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 07/11/03 05:30 AM Posted 07/11/03 05:30 AM I'll definitely be there if going to be bouncing around in that little red top!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now