Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 3m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

I have a BA XR6 Turbo, 4 speed auto. Last year the valve springs were changed to Atomic, I installed a walbro fuel pump and K&N filter with F6CAI. The car was given a run on the dyno at BPS where the springs were installed and pulled 204RWKW. The other day, an F6 intercooler was installed and the car was given a run on the dyno before tuning and pulled about 162RWKW! After installing injectors and a 13Psi tune it made over 260RWKW. My question is, why such a difference in power between the two dyno runs when the car was stock? The only thing changed was the standard intercooler was swapped for an f6 one. Can someone shed some light on this? And also, the BPS graph appears to be smoother. I have no idea why.

(the difference in result on the BPS dyno graph was due to the air box being disconnected)

dynograph.jpg

dynosheet1.jpg

  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 09JET
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 3m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: E. Maitland
Posted (edited)

In the first graph the dyno is in Shoot 6 mode. In the second it is in Shoot 6F, which I'm pretty sure it needs to be in. I won't be going to BPS...

Edited by Rhino1980
  • Just a large member member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

lol....I've always wondered about these dyno figures....Having people on here say they picked up 80kw but ran 1/10 slower....

Should start a quest to find the tuner with the happiest dyno...I'm sure I know who would win...innocent.gif

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Burpengary QLD
Posted (edited)

I think the RDP readout is more accurate, Lee doesn't try to fudge any figures by placing temp senors in more favourable places and makes sure the car stays down on BOTH rollers, etc. If the car crawls up onto the front rollers only, it can exaggerate the readout.

Looks like a very similar graph to mine, what other mods have you got?

This is my graph with 42lb Bosch Greens, Nizpro springs, OEM monza cooler with HDi cold side piping, 4" Mild steel Dump, 3.75" 100 cpi cat, twin Redback 2.5" exiting through 4x 2.5" tail pipes t 14psi.

Lee and Pete said they'd of got 400HP easy if it weren't for the Cooler and Redback exhaust.

dyno3.png

Edited by BensXR6T
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 5m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I laugh at dyno figures. I had a number of different tuners from small operations to big operations. Each tuner runs my car up on the dyno and it makes about 270 rwkw. Then they tune my car and is makes about about 300 rwkw to 340 rwkw. But when I run the car at calder park the tunes from the big operation which make closer to the 300 rwkw mark are faster and my 60 foot time are the same matter who tunes my car. Also the tunes from the big operations are smoother and are nicer to drive everyday.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 3m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the comment guys. Mods are Bosch 42 pound injectors, walbro fuel pump, Atomic valve springs, F6 intercooler, F6 second air intake with K&N panel filter. Exhaust is stock.

I think the RDP readout is more accurate, Lee doesn't try to fudge any figures by placing temp senors in more favourable places and makes sure the car stays down on BOTH rollers, etc. If the car crawls up onto the front rollers only, it can exaggerate the readout.

I noticed that he never strapped the thing down at BPS. Would that have something to do with the 'exaggerated' figures?

Edited by kirjo
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Burpengary QLD
Posted

If the car creeps up onto the front rollers, the resistance reduces making it easier to turn the dyno, which in turn will give a higher reading, so technically yes...

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 1d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

Ben, It is not that simple buddy, You have a point however as your power increases the capability of strapping down decreases... This is not conclusive my friend. :bowdown:

Does anyone know what the load rating on a 1900kg car is at between 130kph & 210kph? Does in not vary? What if there is a 30kph headwind? So iff you strap it down harder is the result accurate?

The tool is not meant to measure this LOL.. It has limitations on the amount of torque and power it can measure accurately...... :censored:

Edited by SPIKO
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 3m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

But surely leaving a car unsecured will increase the probability of giving a incorrect result?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...