Territory Purchase

CJF077

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 6m 16d

I am looking at buying a second hand territory for a daily run about rather then use the F6.

Budget is up to 30k. What can I get for this sort of money? Haven't really started looking yet..

I also saw a Territory on the road with a bodykit had DX or something on the back and a V Logo like V Style or something. Anyone seen these? Looked great.

Cheers

Chris

• You are a dead set goose
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 29d

You probably won't get one for $30,000 or under. If you can stretch it from $30 -$35k you'll get something like THIS or THIS

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator

Doesn't have to be a turbo.. even a normal model is fine by me.. Ill have a look at carsales.

• Member For: 21y 3m 2d

Doesn't have to be a turbo.. even a normal model is fine by me.. Ill have a look at carsales.

Chris.

You should be able to get a decent ghia [Non Turbo for that 30K.Make sure they do a full inspection of the suspension before buying.

You wiill have to look out for these items to see if have been replaced or not.

Lower front balljoints are failing on all models.

Front diff bushes for sure on 4WD models.

3 bushes in rear holding diff all failing/All models.

Some cars are getting rust around the rear window lower right hand edge.

Rear shocks failing/Bushes plus going soft.Front shocks going soft plus rear end springs sagging.

Windows dropping out of channels on front and assorted trim bits and pieces.

Front brake hoses will have to replaced and rears as per recall/Non turbo.

Expect only 300/350kms out of 70 litres for a standard one as well.

I am aware of these things as have 5 mates with assorted Terris and all the same problems occuring.

All the running gear seems to be good but and quite a nice car to drive.

• Member For: 18y 9m 9d

the Turbo is worlds apart in outright performance, but a good N/A is still a very nice drive.. My advice, dont drive a Turbo first, 'cos you will probably ruin the N/A driving experience.. For the right money, with the usual suspension items sorted first, they are a wonderful daily driver, with great vision and you can drive over almost anything on the way to that elusive parking bay.. Best of luck mate, remember to screw the dealers down heaps, its worth walking away.. just to see how much you can save. When I bought my F6, after two hours of negotiation, I walked away and each step I took worked out to be worth $100 (40 steps= $4k) Just try it!!

Mal K

• Member For: 21y 3m 2d

I am looking at buying a second hand territory for a daily run about rather then use the F6.

Budget is up to 30k. What can I get for this sort of money? Haven't really started looking yet..

I also saw a Territory on the road with a bodykit had DX or something on the back and a V Logo like V Style or something. Anyone seen these? Looked great.

Cheers

Chris

Chris.

You should look at the government Auctions as well as the Police where offloading all there Turbo Ts for a while now.Any colour as long as white.

You might want to have a look at a 2nd hand Lexus RX330 as well for 30K or Mazda CX7 for that matter.

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator

Will do thanks guys. I wanted the territory more so for carting things around. Turbo is a nice to have but dunno if I want to spend the extra just to have a turbo. Something to think about though.

Cheers