Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Guest ZouMan
  • Guests
Posted

:innocent:

that's the one.

Well like I said I,m not fussed on highway police so much as these suburban camera's set up in cars on the side of the road. Here in VIC they are making a fortune and I just recieved another ticket the other day (3 - 5 k over) going to get a DVD for the night. If I was tempted to break the law and get an RD, it would only be because I'm sick of this revenue raising crap. The places these guys sit at are Not black spots and its all about the Money and I spend a lot of time on the road. The RDs can spot these guys at around 600 meters away (due to the radar angle being very narrow) which is plenty of time to slow down if your not hooning along the back streets.

Guest jaskel
  • Guests
Posted (edited)

Zoumman,

Ok..VG2 is NOT used in Australia at all, so that feature is useless.

Scalar/spectre is used in Australia, Europe, Canada, USA and pretty much every country in the world.

The Solo 2 is not a very good detector, tests have shown its detection range is a lot less than the RX65 or X50.

Wait a while and you will see the new RDD proof detector...

RDD use is limited to rural areas due to the high number of false alerts officers have complained about.

If you want a stealth unit got the Roy Zegard v1...completly undetectable to all RDD incl Spectre 3.

This is a good link if anyone wants to know tests, http://www.speedzones.com/

Some long range tests wer done and these are the results

Detector

Valentine One

K Band

11+ miles

Escort X50

10.9 miles

Bel RX65

11+ miles

I have friends who have been involved in these tests and they are very accurate.

So good luck guys....

Edited by jaskel
Guest jaskel
  • Guests
Posted

oh and I disagree with the revenue raising crap that the cops do, it sucks bigtime, like on the up hill from the spit bridge, that's not blackspot at all..

Guest ZouMan
  • Guests
Posted

Thanks Jaskel

Yes I've read many reports on the Solo and Should add that unless you really need portable then go for the plug ins. The problem I think lies in the the solo 2 runs on a 65% duty cycle which preserves battery life and this is what makes its detection range weaker. But saying all that I have seen many conflicting reports and it seems the Solo 2's with the shortest range are also the ones with better battery life and units which tested very well agaist plug ins (25% less range) also had shorter battery life. This leads me to believe that there must be an ajusting pot or maybe programable to run at a higher than 65% cycle therefore differing reports. The main reason I think for some bad reports is its inability to effectively catch POP Radar (but I dont think we need to wory about that in Aus) In K and KA Bands it rates quite well for a portable. This mob gave it a very good review

http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=101216

Thanks for the info on VG 2, I'm still reading up and did not know that. Its very hard to find any real good info on AU Radar.

Guest jaskel
  • Guests
Posted

CB might be good but you cant beat a radar detector, I have a police radio, UHF CB and I still see police radar when nothing is said on the CB

Guest ZouMan
  • Guests
Posted
;) I see you know your stuff. Thanks for the links jaskel I will read up
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 18d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I have the xr650 and am keen on hardwiring it..

I rang west coast hifi where I bought it and 70$ for the kit!!! :spoton:

looked up bel website.... $10 american but they dont ship to australia :spoton:

unbelievable.

would I be able to just bust the end off the cigarette lighter attachment that comes with it??

it seems like a phone cable connection that connects to the detector itself but surely it cant have anything other than +ve and -ve wires right??

also willit be ok to splice into the cigarette lighter wires?? do these carry current at all times or only when something is plugged into the socket?

hoipe someone can help me..

cheers

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 9d
Posted

You can use the original cable, just get rid of the cigarette lighter end - you will find only two wires connected.

You can also splice into the cigarette lighter wires without a problem. Just for your reference, the cigarette lighter power is only active when the ignition key is in the accessories position.

Ross

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 18d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

thanks heaps ford_power.. saved me some cash there :crybaby:

$70, what a load of :dark:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...