Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Team Kickass
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Albion Park, NSW
Posted

Ok it wasn't enough the bar has been changed and I will now be shooting for 400rwkw only 119 to go.

  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast, QLD
Posted

LOL... I started at 330, went to 360, blew a motor, bought an FG F6 short motor, and would like to try for 400, but realy don't wanna have a 2nd motor go :dontknow:

I 'HAD' a pair of those 18x9's on back order, but my local dealer tells me he can only get them in 18x8's for a falcon, and 18x9 for holdens... where did you get yours from if you don't mind me askin. I realy wanna chuck some 9's on with say a 255 rear, just to give it a wider contact patch but still a slightly angled sidewall.

  • Team Kickass
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Albion Park, NSW
Posted

www.danics.com.au it was the only set they had I believe. I intend on throwing 265's on the rear when this set wears out.

  • 1 month later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Just got my car serviced at Horse Power Factory and was looking at finally getting my car modded, and came across this thread.

I think that 1000nm of torque is actually tractive effort. With 1000nm of torque the ZF would blow into pieces. :surrenderwave:

Even Merc's like the SL65 AMG have to limit the torque output to 1000nm to keep the transmissions alive.

  • Team Kickass
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Albion Park, NSW
Posted

You are right the only true way to get an exact torque reading would be on an engine dyno but it is the comparison most people use.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...