Jump to content

Ba-BF Stock bottom end blowouts  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Banned
  • Member For: 17y 2m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Aspendale, Vic.
Posted

Seems like a really common thing for ALL BAs and BFs untill 06/06...but even then, people who push 400rwkw (stock rods/pistons) get punished.

Let me start by saying....

My name is Bill, and I have blown a BA motor. 320rwkw. Lasted 6 hours. Blew cause I was racing with only a 1/4 tank of fuel and no surge tank. BIG MISTAKE and have learnt a lot about BA/BFs from it.

  • Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisvages, Capalaba
Posted

my name is Matt and I have a blown f6 engine, 400+ rwkw, lasted around 3-4 months. no.6 pistion let go and went out the side of the block.

  • Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisvages, Capalaba
Posted

seems the rod streched or gudgen pin came lose

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast, QLD
Posted (edited)

My name is Matt (seems to be a pattern here), and 3 months after my 2nd tune I blew my motor too... 330rwkw was not a problem, and we pushed it up to 360 and with a full tank of fuel overtaking a truck on the highway at 1/4 throttle she started knocking/banging inside my motor. I've stripped the bay of everything and will be removing the motor this week. A going over of the engine bay failed to show any cause, but I'm yet to strip the motor. Time will tell. Now (I keep telling myself) I'll build it, and leave it alone (yeah rite!!!)

Edited by mattyb
  • Hitting the apex
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Miranda
Posted (edited)

My name is matt and I also have a blown engine, hole in piston 1

Lets hear it for the matts with the FARKED motors

Edited by power_slide
  • Lost Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

so....if your name is MATT, sell your car.... quickly. :roflmbo:

:blink::roflmbo:

  • VOTE ROOTSTER 2010
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Wollongong
Posted

Holy cock sh*t f*ck, it must be a Matt thing. My name is arjey and have never blew a motor. Just a lot of loads :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

  • Hitting the apex
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Miranda
Posted (edited)

Sounds to me like the matts are the true drivers, driving harder than the car can handle :buttrock:

Edited by power_slide

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...