Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 19d
Posted

I had my FG XR6 in at Castle Hill today to get the clunk and a couple of other things looked at, when I got it back the service manager said that the bushes all looked ok but they tightened up all the bolts in the rear suspension. Well so far on the 30km drive home I didn't hear one single clunk so maybe they fixed but time will tell if it comes back.

  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 19d
Posted

Well so much for that the clunk is back showed it's ugly head as soon as I pulled out of the driveway on the way to work this morning :crybaby: So back it's going to go to Ford, I can't wait for the excuses to start rolling in as to what the perceived problem is, ie. they can't hear it so it doesn't exist.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: East Suburbs Melbourne
Posted

I have this problem, Ive gotten used to it and put it down to crappy ford build quality. :(

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 5m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melb
Posted

im not going to get used to it, its bullsh*t, shouldnt have to put up wth it, spend so much money on a new car and that's wat u get,

ford rang today, all suspension LOOKS OK, they going back to thinkin its the ZF, even though the ZF man said it was ok, I starting to wonder wat they actually do down there, not happy

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 28d
Posted

Any updates on the rear end clunks? Did you get it sorted out?

Im considering buying a FG XR6T witht he ZF but only thing stopping me is these reported problems. I cant believe ford still cant get it right after all these years!!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Watsonia
Posted

I spoke to a guy that used to work at DANA (the company that supply diffs etc.) he said the driveline has some of the best tolerances of any car in the world, its just that the diff isn't completely isolated from the body, whatever that means.

Sounds like the rear suspension is passing on all the noises, rather than there being an issue of the noises existing in the first place, so the suspension design is the issue, not the slack in the driveline.

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

Its a combination of things - the CVs, the Diff, the tailshaft and the gearbox all contribute. If you get teh chance to see your car up on a 2 posts hoist, grab the tailshaft and move it back and forth, that's where you will see the slop

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Watsonia
Posted

Back and Forth? do you mean spin the tailshaft one way then the other?

All cars have slop, not all cars clunk. What I was told is that it's the diff mounting design in particular that is causing the excessive noise, not the Slop...

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 5m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melb
Posted

no not sorted yet, the dealer has tried to handball it, sayin needs to go back to the selling dealer!!!! in process of contacting ford aus !!!!!!

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 5m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melb
Posted

hey has anyone heard of all 6 speed autos bangin into 6th gear!!!

this is wat I have been told now

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...