youngman13 Member 22 Member For: 17y 10m 22d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 04/02/10 01:57 AM Posted 04/02/10 01:57 AM Had similar problem in my ba ute with manual gearbox but only after driving a fair distance like 30mins or more... I have replaced the engine mounts before with no luck so I guess its the diff but only when the diff oil is hot. Changed diff oil the other day and so far so good...
djextreme Member 112 Member For: 17y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 04/02/10 06:21 AM Author Posted 04/02/10 06:21 AM (edited) ford rang me back, they said they noticed my rear tires have low tread, so the banging into 6th MIGHT be cause by the difference in tread from front to back as the box has 2 sensors on the LHF and the RHR wheels which COULD cause the auto to bang into 6th, so before they do any more I am advised to get 4 brand new tires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Edited 04/02/10 06:24 AM by djextreme
Daniel Member 299 Member For: 23y 2m 28d Gender: Male Posted 04/02/10 08:02 AM Posted 04/02/10 08:02 AM Oh dear!You better get new tyres first thing in the morning before the climate control, windows and battery stop working too!What a load!Anyway, I had a small clunk into 6th on light throttle, diff oil service seemed to help, as did all new bushings thru the rear end.It is still there, just - but I can def say its much better. I don't know where else to look from here. Oh, I should add; I have just got new tyres recently (to fix my lack of traction issue - fixed) and it didn't help, LOL Ford!
djextreme Member 112 Member For: 17y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 10/02/10 09:11 AM Author Posted 10/02/10 09:11 AM how many KM's had your car done when u changed the diff oil
Daniel Member 299 Member For: 23y 2m 28d Gender: Male Posted 10/02/10 12:54 PM Posted 10/02/10 12:54 PM Once at around 30,000kms and it was quieter/smoother... Then again at 60,000kms, but it wasnt really bad at all and I can't say I noticed much if anything.To give you an idea on the cars life:It doesnt do any track work; its been to the drags twice but mostly stock at this time, spent some decent time on dynos since, had a run to QLD and back (from vic) on an every day car often used for fri night fun/weekend twisties.
Rudiger All round good guy! Legacy Donating Member 1,122 Member For: 18y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Greenvale, Victoria Posted 10/02/10 09:56 PM Posted 10/02/10 09:56 PM I have a bang in my rear suspsension that is giving me the irrates. I had a similar issue to you in my BA and for about 50,000 ks I complained to Ford who said they couldn't find it. Got to 105,000 and out of warranty and guess what? They found the problem. "You need new diff and one of your drives shafts is gone" $2500 thanks.Joke was on them.,I had extended warranty."OH, um, OK, well, um, the diff should be ok". Piss off. Fix it.Now Im not a conspiracy type person, but if it was the ZF, it is far cheaper for them to repalce diff bush and engine mounts that a whole tranny so I'm guessing they will stuff you around until you either get jack and give up or you run out of warranty.Sounds like it is the begining of the transmission "slap" I read about. If its only in 6th gear you don't need to be Einstien to work out it aint the freaken tyres. Get them to check the Flux capacitor while you are there. I'm sure yours looks worn.To me? I'm going with transmission. When was the last time you had it serviced??
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 12d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 10/02/10 10:35 PM Posted 10/02/10 10:35 PM I had a pretty clunk at low speed in 1st/2nd (zf). Ford rebuilt the tail shaft (new centre/rear bushes) and now it is improved about 80%. No clunk in 6th so I’m thinking it’s the box in your case. Ford will just say it’s within tolerance and 99% of cars are doing the same thing. In my experience you have to take the mechanic for a drive. Keep driving until he acknowledges there is a problem, then go to the service manager and say the mechanic is aware of the issue, I’m going to leave the car here for as many days as you need it and don’t ring me until it is fixed. If you give them a couple of days they might put more effort into fixing the issue as they are not under pressure to give the car back. Also had an issue with hand brake shoes rubbing badly at low speed (so embarrassing when pulling up to lights). Left the car with them for about 4 days and when I got it back I found a whole new handbrake assembly/cable/shoes etc, plus new front/rear rotors. All done under warranty. Both times I took the mechanic for a drive, looked under the car with him and showed him where I think the problem is. If you kinda look like you know what you’re talking about and show them that you aren’t an idiot then they will probably give in and fix it.
frl0173 Member 31 Member For: 16y 7m 19d Posted 05/03/10 12:05 PM Posted 05/03/10 12:05 PM I recently bought a second hand 2008 FG XR6 NA with 30,000kms and have noticed that there is a clunk coming from the rear of the car, when I go to take off from a stop under light acceleration. The annoying thing is it doesn't happen all the time, probably about 75% of the time.
kirjo Member 113 Member For: 17y 3m 19d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/03/10 02:02 PM Posted 05/03/10 02:02 PM I've heard that the diff bushes in these can go really early, what is the difference between the fg and the ba/bf setup? My diff bush is reportedly still OK, after 110 000K
djextreme Member 112 Member For: 17y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 15/03/10 10:22 AM Author Posted 15/03/10 10:22 AM so its going back to ford tomorrow, see wat excuss the come up wth this time, got 4 new tyres on the wend(not cause they said to cause I needed them)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now