frl0173
Member-
Posts
31 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by frl0173
-
Respray F6 Typhoon Front Bar (Ego) $$$$
frl0173 replied to Black_S15's topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
Mine set me, we it cost the guy that hit me, $2300 that was to replace and paint the rear bar, realign and touch up the boot lid, spray the the front bar and clay block and polish the car. -
My 5speed jus what itself 100000 kms app a common problem 3rd gear has turned into neutral it's slipping that bad. Rebuild cost depending on where you go is between $2500 and $4000 and involves machining and sledging the case as well as the valve body as this I was told by more than one place is the basis of the problem, it starves 3rd of oil and the band brakes and gouges the case. The other option is a 6 speed conversion though it about a $5000 deal.
-
Respray F6 Typhoon Front Bar (Ego) $$$$
frl0173 replied to Black_S15's topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
I just had mine done after an accident same colour as yours, ego, by Mal Cutler Smash Repairs in Castle Hill, done a great job as well. -
Off of ebay, it cost $800 + poastage, from a private seller apprently and was supposed to come with the GPS module but didn't. It was also noted as being new, but was second hand, this was confirmed when I put it into my car and ejected a cd, (it was a crap cd too).
-
I Have done it, but probably wouldn't do it again. I bought the car second hand and bought a premium ICC off of ebay, which was supposed to come with the sat nav and was one of the main reasons that I bought it, I also wanted the reversing camera. I should have done a bit more research than I did as after buying the camera I found that I needed to replace the entire loom to be able to run the genuine Ford unit, (just buy an aftermarket kit from ACL instead, comes with everything needed). I was planing on upgrading the speakers and adding my own amp anyway so wasn't worried about not getting that. In the long run I wouldn't bother doing it again, I would just buy a car that comes with it all already.
-
The ones I have seen around Sydney all have the white LED panels either side of the rear number plate and more LEDs in the front grill and on the parcel shelf and on the dash. The white LED panels look like reflecters till they are switched on, but they really stand out on the red/blue and green coloured cars and make it fairly easy to pick them out as police cars if you know what to look for.
-
There are two based in Castle Hill that regularly do laps of the M7 during peak hour and sit out front of the Ford dealership on Victoria Ave at Castle Hill pinging people screaming up Victoria Ave, ones green and the other is nitro.
-
Yes it will basicly plug straight in, but you will need to take it to Ford to get the security code cleared once you have it in, (my FG, once the top cover and tissue box is removed is 4 or 6 bolts)at the same time get them to configure the your a/c controls to work off of one side of the dual zone controls, in mine if you turn up or down the drivers side temp the passenger side goes up and down with it. It cost me $120 to get this done, they also configured the screen to work with a reversing camera once I get it installed. Cheers
-
Hi Mate I have upgraded mine, I paid $750 plus shipping for mine off of eBay, the seller told it included the GPS module but it didn't. If you are just after the colour screen and 6 stacker then it's simple and straight forward, though I think $1500 is a little exxy for just that. Things you need to be aware of, if you want to upgrade the sound system ie amp etc you will need a new loom same goes for a GPS, reversing camera or reversing sensors if you want to use factory items, which are bloody expensive, (try $1700 for just the reversing camera from Ford). Though there are are good and cheaper aftermarket options, like through ASL. Good luck with it, though I'm not sure I would go to all the trouble with it again unless it I got it a really good price and it came with all the extras and looms, as it certainly seems to be a bigger job than it first seems due to all the wiring being integrated into the main loom and Ford having different looms for each different spec of car unlike the old days were they used one loom and had redundant plugs that were not used on lower spec cars. Cheers
-
When I my EL XR8 written due to the hail AAMI were first class, no problems what so ever, they even let me buy the car back for $800. I have also had work done by Nathan's Prestige at and they were the assessors when I first took my EL to be assesed, and can't fault their work, I have had 1 car and 2 bikes looked after by then and as I said their work was top notch.
-
Hi Mate The basic side of the install went fine, except the it was supposed to come with the sat nav module but didn't, but that's another storey. I plugged in the new ICC and took the car down to the local dealership who cleared the code and set the dual zone controls to just operate from the drivers side, I have it in the car now for a few weeks and have had no problems with it at all. It cost me $120 to get the security code cleared and to reprogram the A/C, they also set up the reverse camera for me so that I could install one and not need to take it back. The only other thing I will say is make sure you get any of the extra wiring for the sat nav/reverse camera if you want to install any of that at a later date as I now am having a bit of fun sorting out the reverse camera, but I'm about to post about that in a new thread. Cheers Frank
-
Have you thought about getting a track bike and doing ride days? You can pick up couple of year old 2nd hand track bike for the cost of a decent dirt bike and they are loads of fun, you don't need to get a bike lic you can get a MA lic for track days and racing if you get right into it. He is a pic from last weekend at Wakefield Park A couple of mates had there first ever race and came 1st and 3rd in class.
-
I have just bought a car, NSW rega transfer fee is $95 plus stamp duty which is 3% of either the purchase price or market value which ever is greater! But most of the people behind the counter wouldn't know the market value so you can usually put down a cheaper price as long as it's not too crazy, you wouldn't get away with a saying you bought a 2009 Falcon for $1500 for example. Cheers
-
Whoops seems I was beaten to the punch... http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67086&pid=994271&st=0#entry994271
-
http://www.colesexpress.com.au/special-offers/save-10c-per-litre-on-shell-v-power.aspx Don't know if anyone has seen this but I thought I would post it up. Enjoy.
-
PHANTMXR6 thanks for the link.
-
Is it a loose sheet folder or a bound book? If it's loose sheeet folder style and anyone is willing to donate a copy for a couple of days I have a Copier/scanner at work that could scan it into one file per volume, which could be then made available to site members.
-
Well things are starting to take shape I hope, the new Premium ICC is on the way, my car already has the sensor on the LHS wing mirror and a temp read out on the current mono-crhome screen, all be it, it reads under what the actual temp is by a little bit. I spoke with one of the guys in the workshop where the car goes to get warrenity isses looked and he told me that he can "unlock" the ICC and convert it over a single zone a/c to match whats currently in my car if I didn't want to go to the trouble of pulling out the entire dash and buying the new fan motor etc to run dual zone a/c. So now all I need is to find a workshop manual to know how to pull out the existing ICC. Does anyone have a CD copy or are willing & able to scan the appropriate pages?
-
Just stumbled across this thread, and there is some great looking setups. There used to be a company in Melbourne call AIT that used to make twin turbo setups for XF falcons it also used a water to air intercooler, I still have the majority of the kit out in the back shed from my old XB Falcon that had said alloy head x-flow motor in it. That motor made from memory about 380hp shame I never got it sorted properly due to an inconsiderate driver.
-
Well so much for that the clunk is back showed it's ugly head as soon as I pulled out of the driveway on the way to work this morning So back it's going to go to Ford, I can't wait for the excuses to start rolling in as to what the perceived problem is, ie. they can't hear it so it doesn't exist.
-
Hmm I thought that's what the small white dome above the dash was? Anyway it has an outside temp display on the existing standard ICC. You learn something new every day then.
-
Nothing too special just yet, 2008 Ego XR6 with F6 19in wheels, soon to have a premium ICC upgrade along with some decent amp and speakers. Sorry about the quality of the pic, it was taken with my phone, I will get better pics once I get my DSLR back from getting fixed.
-
I had my FG XR6 in at Castle Hill today to get the clunk and a couple of other things looked at, when I got it back the service manager said that the bushes all looked ok but they tightened up all the bolts in the rear suspension. Well so far on the 30km drive home I didn't hear one single clunk so maybe they fixed but time will tell if it comes back.
-
Thanks for that, but why the LH rear view mirror?
-
Hi I have been offered a FG premium upgrade unit, is there anything else that I will need to install it into my FG XR6 or is it a case of plug and play so to speak. The unit has the 6 stack cd dual zone a/c colour screen etc. Thanks in advance. Frank
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.