Whats 300Rwkw Like To Drive?

xr6turboman

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 20d

I've had over 20 years experience driving V8s and other cars at high speeds. I started with my T as stock and was very happy with the car. I then realised that with a little bit of tinkering the enormous potential of these motors could be unleashed.

I'm not a tech head or grease monkey and researched what was best bang for buck.

There are plenty of tuners and mechs that will give you power. Where you go is up to you.

I went to Nizpro and off the bat I got a Stage 1+ kit with their 4" massive exhaust.

That was in October last year.

I had come to terms with the power of the car, the lag and the massive torque it had as stock.

Driving it home from Bayswater it was a different car obviously but I had enormous respect for it as I had gome from 182 rwKw to 325 rwkw and double the torque.

I booted it a couple of times but nothing much as I was a little scared to end up facing the other way.

So here is it 3 months later and where am I now?

When I boot it........IT GOES!!! I cannot tramp it as I will just sit there wheel spinning and in any case turbos like to get some boost first. So I put the foot down gently. I cannot get my foot to the floor because, by the time I do, I'm doin 190. (Bit of an exageration but you get the idea)

I have gotten use to the power now and a squirt here or there to overtake or pick a gap in traffic and it unleashes its GO!.

So heres the tip.

RESPECT THE BL**DY thing!!. Take it easy and feel where the boost comes in and when it doesn't. Don't leave the work shop and floor it or you may wish you didn't.

Some guys are used to driving these cars and that's fair. But from me, who, as I said have had lost of experience in so called "Hi powered" cars, these things are a weapon in standard trim. Respect it and you'll enjoy it.

As for 300+, I'm booked in for stage 2 in March and hope to get up around 340+. That will do it for me, but I'm not after the power as much as the driveability of the car, plus the stage 2 plenum looks hot.

You will love it once your use to it, but that first time you unleash nearly 500 horse power, you wont know what speed your doin....youll be too busy hangin on.

Now as a side issue, a mate just forked out $70k for a 317 kw Clubsport. He took me for a drive and yep, nice ride. He booted it and yep, got a bit of grunt. I sat him down in the T and said hang on.

After a couple of full boost accelerations he asked me to stop and let him out. He did not beleive how much go it had, and I only have 325. Imagine him in one of these 380+ CARS.

So good luck with your mods. Youll love it and yes, you WILL want more.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 5d

Its lots of fun at first..But you will get used to it very fast and want more..Hope you have a good income cause it never ends in these cars...Never have to much power... :innocent:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 25d

anyone got tips on getting the thing moving?? TC or off??

Chur Ben

Have some fun and chew up your original tyres first then get some with decent tyres, that's what I did and the car feels heaps quicker actually being able to full throttle in first without wheelspin!

TC off also if your going to have some fun with it.

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 2m 2d

Your stock clutch will last all of 5 minutes. You won't be able to floor it until you upgrade it, it will slip with anything over 230rwkw or so.

Grab a Mal Wood Option 3. It will outlast and out-perform the exceedy clutch.

• Member For: 18y 10d

Sounds great :-)

Shame you're the other end of the island.

Who's going to do the work? Where did you find the bits?

Personally around 280 to 310 would be my sweet spot. But as you're putting on a stage 2 you might like to retain the cat to keep the power down, otherwise it's going to go a lot higher than 300.

Also a good call on the clutch.

Forget the drags, it's a manual, which means you'll break the driveline.

• Member For: 14y 10m 16d

Have some fun and chew up your original tyres first then get some with decent tyres, that's what I did and the car feels heaps quicker actually being able to full throttle in first without wheelspin!

TC off also if your going to have some fun with it.

What kind of tyres allow you to give it full throttle in first and not wheelspin?

And what power are you talking?