MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 06/01/10 11:06 PM Posted 06/01/10 11:06 PM I put my Iphone for sale on ebay a few days ago.. An hour after I listed it it was boutght by someone in America.. So I email the person, and turns out this person is actually in Nigeria and wants me to send the phone there.. The buyer really wants to pay via money order/bank transfer...Now I've heard alot about these Nigerian scams and I dont trust them at all, even if this was legit..My question is, how do I go about cancelling this sale and re-list the add?Cheers Mike..
Guest EGOXRT Guests Posted 06/01/10 11:17 PM Posted 06/01/10 11:17 PM Tell them you only accept paypal for international sales. If they refuse you can "Report a problem" with the transaction and ask to cancel itThere is a side bar next to the item, the link is in there.
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 06/01/10 11:27 PM Author Posted 06/01/10 11:27 PM Thanks EGO, I found it...
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/01/10 11:58 PM Posted 06/01/10 11:58 PM If you dont mind me asking, details on your iPhone?New/Used/32Gb etc etc?How much aparrently did you get for it?thinking bout selling mine.
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 07/01/10 01:06 AM Author Posted 07/01/10 01:06 AM Used Iphone 3G, 16GB white, unocked, was bought for $450..
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 07/01/10 02:21 AM Author Posted 07/01/10 02:21 AM Now the buyer has dissapeared off the face of the earth.. what a surprise, thank f*ck I didnt do anything till I was sure.. What a f*ck around this whole thing has been.. Bloody Nigerians!!
smicky Go Pies!!! Legacy Donating Member 2,852 Member For: 18y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW Posted 09/01/10 05:36 AM Posted 09/01/10 05:36 AM Mate, would have just told them the goods have 3-5 days holding before payment is required.following which if funds are not cleared the item will be relisted and buyer will be reported...better still - boycot ebay! simple as that... they need to stop with the bullsh*t follow ups, double dipping of sold items (listing fees, selling commission, paypal fees, then fees to pull your own money back out)...wankers!
duck Member 16 Member For: 18y 1m 27d Gender: Male Posted 12/01/10 05:38 AM Posted 12/01/10 05:38 AM I sort of had the same problem, yeah I would stay well away form those scammers mate. im tryin to sell my can atm, and id recieved 5 emails in the 1st 14 hours with offers that are 3 k over my asking price lol. you can pick it from a mile away their grammar is sh*te and the wording is retarded. you know what im say (says in funny accent) lol
Xrfranjo Member 350 Member For: 19y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Bonnyrigg Heights, NSW Posted 12/01/10 05:50 AM Posted 12/01/10 05:50 AM Im looking to buy an iphone..........
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now