Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

I'll happily take that nizzer plenum off your hands :)

PM me if your keen mate

I wont be changing, The Oracle has talked me out of it.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 7m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastlish
Posted

f*ck me, if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. I bought a 6mm drill bit that is etched as being 5mm so now I have over drilled the TB holes....

I don't know what I am going to do, I really don't want to get them welded up and start again...

I can fit nuts on the bolts but it'll look a bit bodge

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 6m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: VIC
Posted (edited)

8mm is a very common bolt size but the helicoil should able you to keep the bolt size std as you need to drill larger than the bolt you have as you have to wind in the new thread.

Edited by F1PERFORMANCE
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 12d
Posted
8mm is a very common bolt size but the helicoil should able you to keep the bolt size std as you need to drill larger than the bolt you have as you have to wind in the new thread.

Good point but it was just as a maybe if he's unable to get a helicoil. But yea like u said it would be better to helicoil as u get to keep the standard size bolt but if not then ud just have to check if an 8mm bolt with fit through the holes in the tb.

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk 2

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 7m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastlish
Posted

Yeah it's going to have to be bolts and nuts unless I weld up these holes and start again. There isn't enough meat in the casting to enlarge the hole to more than 6mm

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 6m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: VIC
Posted (edited)

I pretty sure the dill size is a tad over 6mm in alloy for a helicoil

Edited by F1PERFORMANCE
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 7m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastlish
Posted

Fuel lines done and final ass'y begins

goingbackon001.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 7m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastlish
Posted (edited)

Work continues

aircleaner001.jpg

Really need to swap that blue silicon hose with black

Edited by allmtr

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...