tonyv EPC Member Legacy Donating Member 1,598 Member For: 17y 9m 24d Gender: Male Posted 27/12/09 10:51 AM Posted 27/12/09 10:51 AM Hi guys I am looking at the process west stg1 cooler and want to know what max power level I can run it to before the intake temps start gettin too high.I like to keep the standard look so im not after any stage 2 opinions. I am also looking at the hyperflow 100mm thick cooler which is also a stage 1. I am after peoples own experiences with the stage 1 coolers, actual results would be fantastic too.thanks
tonyv EPC Member Legacy Donating Member 1,598 Member For: 17y 9m 24d Gender: Male Posted 28/12/09 11:50 AM Author Posted 28/12/09 11:50 AM anybody?
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 20d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 28/12/09 12:06 PM Posted 28/12/09 12:06 PM I am only running just shy off 300kw so I don't have any experience of max power, but I do know that after 4 power runs very little power had been lost due to heat soak.PW Stage 1 one's in my experience are an easy to fit, well made piece of kit that performs really well. just wish I had the cash for a stage 3.
mr gsr Member 46 Member For: 18y 4m 18d Posted 29/12/09 01:44 AM Posted 29/12/09 01:44 AM I ran 325rwkw on 15psi with the stage 1 cooler... Has plenty more in it... Only thing that stopped me was the standard crossover, so upgraded to the plenum which meant an upgrade to the stage 2 cooler to fit the new pipework
Gee Member 131 Member For: 17y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/12/09 08:46 AM Posted 29/12/09 08:46 AM I have a hyperflow stage 1 cooler, the car is making 334 rwkw at 14 psi. If you want your car to look standard you better get the black one. Also they say it's a direct replacement for the original cooler but I cut out about 15 mm of metal to get the hyperflow cooler to fit.
jacob_xr6turbo Legacy Donating Member 433 Member For: 19y 16d Location: Richmond, Melbourne Posted 29/12/09 09:50 AM Posted 29/12/09 09:50 AM stage 1 on my car, 300rwkw, no sign of power drops. very nice piece of gear.
tonyv EPC Member Legacy Donating Member 1,598 Member For: 17y 9m 24d Gender: Male Posted 29/12/09 11:13 AM Author Posted 29/12/09 11:13 AM (edited) the process west is lookin better everytime. Last thing I want is to cut anything on my new car Edited 29/12/09 11:14 AM by tonyv
tonyv EPC Member Legacy Donating Member 1,598 Member For: 17y 9m 24d Gender: Male Posted 29/12/09 11:29 AM Author Posted 29/12/09 11:29 AM (edited) just a little off topic while im here, will the standard exhaust on my bf flow enough power for 340rwkw if the cat is a 100 cell cat? Or am I better off going decat Edited 29/12/09 11:29 AM by tonyv
power_slide Hitting the apex Legacy Donating Member 596 Member For: 17y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: Miranda Posted 29/12/09 11:34 AM Posted 29/12/09 11:34 AM I changed the exhayst on my bf and got a 45rwkw gain dont know why you would not do it, it seemed like good value for money
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 20d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 29/12/09 11:37 AM Posted 29/12/09 11:37 AM You will make more power with less boost, so it is worth the upgrade
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now