k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,114 Member For: 18y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/05/16 11:50 AM Posted 20/05/16 11:50 AM The fact that this thread is 7 years old means it's unlikely you'll get a response from these guys... Take it to your tuner. If you don't have a tuner, find one that is well respected for solving these sorts of problems and take it there.
El Andrew Legacy Donating Member 2,040 Member For: 11y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Canberra ACT Posted 21/05/16 08:31 AM Posted 21/05/16 08:31 AM Pretty much all threads could be closed by saying "take it to an expert"! ☺️ I'm assuming he's asking the question on a forum cos he wants to try some things himself first or at least have some background knowledge before going somewhere. When my BA was misbehaving on boost last year it turned out to be coil packs. The basic things I would check if it was my car (without knowing the specifics of your car/symptoms) would be: Coils Plugs Earthing/battery terminals Fuel filter Manifold bolts Clean boost solenoid That's a pretty generic list, but good things to eliminate first. At that point I'd be past my knowledge and would be looking at taking it somewhere or getting more suggestions here. ☺️ 1
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 21/05/16 08:41 AM Posted 21/05/16 08:41 AM Yeah top response adminihamster way to welcome new members into the fold.
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,114 Member For: 18y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/05/16 09:29 AM Posted 21/05/16 09:29 AM well, if he's not willing to tell us what the ACTUAL problem is, a tuner is the best bet to diagnose it - both faster and easier than trying extract the information piece by piece on here if he wants our help, he'll provide answers to the questions we ask of him. Since he made the same vague "I have a similar issue" both in this thread and another -> http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/89416-boost-issue-please-help/?do=findComment&comment=1591435, with no response since to asking what the actual problem is... ?
Isaacxr6t New Member 20 Member For: 11y 1m 4d Posted 30/07/16 08:35 PM Posted 30/07/16 08:35 PM Thanks for your response guys. The issue ended up being with the module of the ECU that controls the boost. I replaced the solenoid and the issue was still present. The tuner also pressure tested the turbo and all was fine. I installed an electronic boost controller and it feels perfect now. Plus I have added adjustment. I would definitely recommend a boost controller even to those who don't have an issue with their boost!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now