ford_baute Member 2 Member For: 16y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: Kenthurst NSW Posted 13/03/10 12:41 PM Posted 13/03/10 12:41 PM I tested putting the hand brake on when it did it tonight on the way home stopped it straight away.Tested it a couple times stopped at lights and worked every time. I think it sounds like the cables like you guys are experencing
ubute Member 172 Member For: 21y 4d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 16/03/10 10:28 PM Posted 16/03/10 10:28 PM Yep same here, pulling the handbrake makes the sound disappear.The FG handbrake is already proving more useful than the BA/BF one, it stops the car rolling AND stops the annoying sound....
bunna Legacy Donating Member 813 Member For: 20y 1m 7d Posted 19/03/10 02:01 AM Posted 19/03/10 02:01 AM Still looking for victorians with this issue guys. I'm happy to send somebody to come and see/feel/hear the issue first hand, so that I can work on putting a fix in. Also interested to hear if anyone had the issue from new, or whether it has developed over time.
Verve Legacy Donating Member 126 Member For: 17y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 19/03/10 09:46 AM Posted 19/03/10 09:46 AM Unfortunately I am not in VIC. My problem has progressively got worse from new.It is now really annoying as it happens every time I stop.
FGXR6TUTE Member 57 Member For: 18y 1m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 19/03/10 11:46 PM Posted 19/03/10 11:46 PM Also interested to hear if anyone had the issue from new, or whether it has developed over time.Mine wasn't there from new otherwise it would have been reported at the first service / inspection (3k km?). I'd guess it has shown up since ~10k km, now on 22k km. Mine is definitely related to engine rpm and load, I.e. it only does it once engines at normal operating temp, stationary in drive when the a/c cuts in.
jmr567 Inactive Members 1 Member For: 17y 6m 1d Gender: Male Posted 20/03/10 01:50 AM Posted 20/03/10 01:50 AM (edited) I had the same issue. Rattling noise, only heard inside the cabin, whilst in D and with foot on the brake (more apparent at low idle, which increased vibration in the car). Engaging the handbrake would generally stop the issue. The problem started to become annoying after about 1000k's. At its 3500k service I asked them to check it, they adjusted the handbrake, which hardly made a difference. It progressively got worse, eventually loud enough to stand out over the radio. So took it back to Macarthur Ford, Narrellan, who said they would sort it out, had the car all day, said they fixed it. Within 30 minutes it was back. Called them up, said they couldn't really do anymore, it was a known issue and that Ford was working on a fix. So a letter to Ford the next day resulted in a call to explain that they would fix the issue ASAP. Took it back down the Macarthur Ford, they had it for an hour, and it was fixed. So at 4000k's it was sorted. Now just ticking past 10000k's its started to come back. Exactly the same issue. Looks like another letter to Ford is required. Apart from this issue, which is hard to overcome when your sitting in a new, $45,000 ute, that sounds like its falling apart to the shock of the passenger, I have enjoyed the way the car drives and looks. Edited 20/03/10 01:57 AM by jmr567
schmick325 Member 67 Member For: 17y 5m Posted 20/03/10 11:35 PM Posted 20/03/10 11:35 PM (edited) Still looking for victorians with this issue guys. I'm happy to send somebody to come and see/feel/hear the issue first hand, so that I can work on putting a fix in. Also interested to hear if anyone had the issue from new, or whether it has developed over time.Heya, I am in Vic at the moment fixing cars from the Hail storm.I still have this annoying noise in my F6 as I havent had time to go to the dealer.Same thing, goes away when you pull the handbrake on.Started happening after 5000 kms of use.Only thing is, it seems to only happen once the car is warmed up, so need a few mins to get it up to temperature.Where are you located? I am working in Nunawading at the moment Edited 20/03/10 11:36 PM by schmick325
schmick325 Member 67 Member For: 17y 5m Posted 10/04/10 09:01 AM Posted 10/04/10 09:01 AM I had this problem fixed at Strapp Ford in Burwood Vic.They said they insulated some part of the handbrake cables and now all is good.happy again
myxrt60 Member 4 Member For: 22y 10m 16d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 10/04/10 10:33 AM Posted 10/04/10 10:33 AM Hi GuysMy first post, I picked up my new FG XR6T Ute from Ford last week. The first thing I noticed when I got around the corner from the dealer was the noise.Exhaust rattle I thought first up and I turned to my wife and said............I can fix that.Fortunatly I own Performance Pipes and ProChargers at acacia ridge. Next morning my new car with 82 kilometers on the clock is up on the hoist which amused my customers who had to wait as I pushed my car to the top of the list for the workshop.No rattle from the exhaust. However I noticed the rub markes around the rear axle housing and wondered if at some stage in mamufacture this process grabs the handbrake cables ?? I fond that above the diff housing the cable rested against the diff and that the cable had been some how pulled out of the fastening clip.I simply pushed the cable back into the rubber clip mount and bent it a little bit tighter. Fixed the vibration. Hope this helps.
bunna Legacy Donating Member 813 Member For: 20y 1m 7d Posted 10/04/10 11:16 PM Posted 10/04/10 11:16 PM yeah those rub marks are normal mate - they're already on the beam axles sitting in stillages fresh from futuris.From the one car I've managed to investigate so far the root cause is not the handbrake cable (I wish it was that simple).However, more info is generally a good thing, so still hunting. schmick I'll be in touch
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now