Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 13d
Posted

Hey Fella's

Going to do my first oil change tomorrow and was wondering what the best oil and the best oil filter is available. I currently have an 06 BF N/A Falcon. Not wanting to spend ridiculous amounts of money, but wanting something very reliable.

Thanks for your help

Cheers, Jack.

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 1m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted

Might pay to do a bit of a search as there is a million topics on Oils..

An Oil that I currently run is Nulon Full synthetic.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

if its N/a I'd just use a castrol magnatech, you can get it for about $35 per 5L. I've run it in old school v8's which I've driven hard and never had a problem. if it were modified and had a turbo it would be a different story, like $80+ per 5L.

If you dont know the barra has a 7L sump or there abouts so you need 2 oil containers.

And a tip that caught me out, when you take the filter off, make sure the rubber o-ring on the filter stays on the filter. one one occasion mine stayed on the block and when I put the new filter on there were now 2 seals. :shocked:

Problem found after starting and checking it. A nice litre down the driveway got my attention. and that was about 20-30 secs of running at idle. After doing countless oil changes it has never happened before. just food for thought.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 13d
Posted

Thanks for the quick reply fella's.

Ive read a bit about this Royale Purple oil. Would this be fine to run in a N/A ? Also any specific brand of oil filter you recommend ? Cheers

  • Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The 8th Dimension
Posted

Try this thread plenty of reading on the subject.

Clicky

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...