Mals BA XR6T Member 381 Member For: 23y 10m 8d Location: Sydney Posted 17/01/03 12:26 AM Posted 17/01/03 12:26 AM Guys I'm just wondering if you have had any problems with the plastic side piece on the bottom of your seat. This is the part where you are able to adjust the height. Mine keeps "clicking" out slightly, and now as a result has broken the plastic around the screw.This has now happened to both Passenger and Driver seat :( If you sit on the seat sideways, with both legs out the door it will break for sure. Just be careful if it hasn't broken on yours yet, because I'm sure it will given time. I'll be talking to ford about this on my first service
CJF077 The Noble Leader Administrator 4,792 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Australia Posted 17/01/03 12:53 AM Posted 17/01/03 12:53 AM Something to bring up in my service too. I noticed it yesterday sitting in the back seat (yes of my own car) The screw had come out and was half way out.. tried to screw it back in but it seems the surrounding around the screw has broken.
Mals BA XR6T Member 381 Member For: 23y 10m 8d Location: Sydney Posted 17/01/03 01:11 AM Author Posted 17/01/03 01:11 AM Yep, that what happens.... there is a plastic part that sticks out, which is suppose to take the weight (this is above the screw part)... however if its pushed on an angle, like when you get in or out of the car it pop's off, and then all the weight is on the screw and surround, once it's on there the screw surround breaks very easy
Guest Phantom Guests Posted 17/01/03 01:23 AM Posted 17/01/03 01:23 AM Haven't noticed that yet but did feel something funny under my foot on the accelerator this morning and it was the bonnet release hanging down.Managed to click it back in but if its come loose once it will surely come loose again.
CJF077 The Noble Leader Administrator 4,792 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Australia Posted 17/01/03 02:15 AM Posted 17/01/03 02:15 AM Haven't noticed that yet but did feel something funny under my foot on the accelerator this morning and it was the bonnet release hanging down.Managed to click it back in but if its come loose once it will surely come loose again. It will come loose. You need to get your dealer to fix it. They put a screw to hold it in place.. its a fault with the BA.
Guest Phantom Guests Posted 17/01/03 03:07 AM Posted 17/01/03 03:07 AM Thanks CJ.I suppose this sort of thing happens with all new models but you would think for the sake of 1 screw they would make sure things stay together.I shouldn't whinge, there are too many good things about the car.
Guest DZ. Guests Posted 17/01/03 05:01 AM Posted 17/01/03 05:01 AM Them's the breaks of getting the first series of an all new car (which it essentially is).
Superoo Member 340 Member For: 23y 11m 10d Gender: Male Posted 17/01/03 05:31 AM Posted 17/01/03 05:31 AM I usually get very picky about these sorts of issues but with the number of changes in BA, I'm resigned to having a few things like this crop up.Then again, by the time my car is into production, maybe Ford will have some fixes!
Guest cralli Guests Posted 17/01/03 01:25 PM Posted 17/01/03 01:25 PM Yep, already broken my seat! The plastic skirt also supports the side bolster on the seat base, so it takes a bit of weight. Unfortunately not enough!!When it's fixed I'll have to figure out another way of getting in and out to lessen the stress on it I suppose. :( On the other hand I have had no trouble with the bonnet release, yet.
HSE2 Member 322 Member For: 23y 9m 4d Location: Tasmania Posted 17/01/03 11:06 PM Posted 17/01/03 11:06 PM Them's the breaks of getting the first series of an all new car (which it essentially is). that is right. hurry up guys and find all these faults so I can put an order in B)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now