New F6 - June 2010 - 321Kw , Over 600Nm

revhead_71

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 4d

^^^ROFL WTF the dealer didnt try and push you to the more exxy car??? Last time I checked out a car (a G6ET at my local stealership dump bunchó'carnts il never set foot thru the doors again except to snap one off on the DP's desk) there was also a nice $20k more FG F6 that the salesman continually tried to steer me towards hahah.. gotta give him points for trying I guess

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 8m 26d

I had a budget of 40k. So that's why he pointed to the xr6t. But then I did have another dealer {which I did not tell him my budget was}and he tryed to tell me to trade in and get a New 2009 FG Ego GT-P with dark argents . It was a Beast but still 62k I dont have haha.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 10d

I think with that sort of power, they're going to need bigger rear booties... but that would require a redesign of the rear end, which ain't going to happen :(

this new V8 is going to be very interesting indeed!

Guest XR09
  • Guests

Me thinks the V8 is going to get all the attention and the F6 will get a few new dress up parts from the 8 and nothing else.

It sells too well and they wont bother.

Edited by XR09

• Member For: 15y 7m 11d

If they don't add bigger rear tyes on the next model, they don't deserve to sell any. Getting around with the power and torque outputs they have now with 245s is bordering on irresponsible. I'd love to know what an XR6T or even better an FPV F6 with half worn tyres will do 0-100 and the quarter mile just to see the tyres overall effect on performance. Most people on these forums will statistically have half worn tyres?

At least with 265s and above you can get away with it a little more with the torque outputs.

• Member For: 16y 3m 26d

2010 will see the end of current format I6 and Boss no matter what due to EuroIV Emissions control.

I6 may go direct injection, but unlikely as they (Fraud) already have the V6 twin turbo planned from the US powerplant, and will unlikely ever match the power and torque of the I6, so the F6 as we know it is likely to be canned long term.

Same goes for V8 Boss is dead - Coyote will be the next platform. They're alloy, stll have overhead cams, but lighter and higher revving, and with force fed air, should scream.

If they release a revised F6 with the current I6 retuned to 320+Kw and 600NM, it will have to be before July and Euro IV comes in, and absolutely will have to come with 265+ rear tread and beefier lower suspension as standard to put the power down.

As more than 60% of FPV sales are V8's most likely scenario is a broader range of Coyote based V8's N/A, supercharged and a single model V6 with the twin snails.

The V8's I'm guessing will need to be the big sellers to bring FPV's fight to HSV.