whyallapunk Member 22 Member For: 17y 12d Posted 16/11/09 11:58 PM Posted 16/11/09 11:58 PM Sorry if it's been posted before but am on my phone. I'll be buying a car from Townsville in the next few days and have to get it transported to Adelaide. I was wondering which transport companies people have had experience with or have heard about?
messna Legacy Donating Member 57 Member For: 17y 9m 26d Gender: Male Location: adelaide Posted 17/11/09 12:24 AM Posted 17/11/09 12:24 AM car transport Acr Australia 08 8395 0966, there good but expensive.
ofa180 Member 72 Member For: 20y 11m 14d Gender: Male Posted 17/11/09 03:56 AM Posted 17/11/09 03:56 AM I have used Ceva before. Try & get as many quotes as possible,most car carriers are empty heading south from Townsville.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 16d Gender: Male Posted 17/11/09 06:31 AM Posted 17/11/09 06:31 AM don't use Patricks.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/11/09 12:44 AM Posted 18/11/09 12:44 AM lol everyone has something bad to say about everyone!!!!I used Patricks - I drove the car on myself, and met the truck when it arrived at HPF, and drove it off. I had the keys, so they couldnt move it. I had the truck's mobile number, and he kept me informed of his progress the whole way.Mind you, this was quite a few years ago - at least 5.Why dont you fly up and drive it home? Great way to spend a few days - just steer clear of Brisbane, man there are some freaks in there.....
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 18/11/09 12:52 AM Posted 18/11/09 12:52 AM CEVA, I used them about a year ago, great price!
strik9 Banned 146 Member For: 19y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: AUSTRALIA Posted 18/11/09 01:10 AM Posted 18/11/09 01:10 AM yep, used ceva, paid a little extra.to melb from qld and back. not a mark
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 16d Gender: Male Posted 18/11/09 02:32 AM Posted 18/11/09 02:32 AM I sold my ke20 to a guy in adelaide, but he wanted it transported their by Patricks. I recieved full payment and the car was his. I dropped it to Patricks depot as part of the deal. two weeks later I get a call saying car won't start. I went out there (even though it wasn't my car anymore) which was a 2.5 hour round trip, and it was obvious they had thrashed the car. Patrick's mechanic had put normal fuel in it because the fuel gauge showed empty (I had left it with a full tank of 98, which it was tuned for), and cranked it for so long the ignition wiring main connector had melted and was blowing fuses. I felt pissed off, but really just felt bad for the new owner as this car never caused me any problems because I had built it properly, yet it was causing him grief from day one.I was mostly pissed off at Patricks because they kept denying it was driven, and wouldn't tell me why it took two weeks for me to get called.
icer Banned 2,335 Member For: 17y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: Aspendale, Vic. Posted 18/11/09 03:42 AM Posted 18/11/09 03:42 AM I used CEVA too. not to bad price too.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now