OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 10d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 27/09/03 05:39 AM Posted 27/09/03 05:39 AM 70km/h and the photo was taken by a pasenger leaning over because I would never break the law and use a camera whilst driving!
XR8Chic vrooom psshhht Member 340 Member For: 23y 11m 21d Gender: Female Location: Victoria Posted 30/09/03 07:11 AM Posted 30/09/03 07:11 AM Hmmm... I dont have a digital display on my baby.. but I can beat you all!!!Ask MISSXR about the time I ran out of fuel in the middle of north sydney and rolled back and hit her brothers car!!
Cobra potty trained Legacy Donating Member 1,938 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Posted 30/09/03 09:40 AM Author Posted 30/09/03 09:40 AM Ask MISSXR about the time I ran out of fuel in the middle of north sydney and rolled back and hit her brothers car!! MissXR,please tell us about the time .... is it one of those "oops... I'm using your car as a handbrake" stories? :lol: :lol:
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 9m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/12/03 10:59 AM Posted 21/12/03 10:59 AM well done mate .... did you take the pic while driving at 90kph? :lol:the prize is gone but maybe we should start a special "zero DTE" club ..... entry by photo only .... sounds like a plan OK, I'm in the club. What special benefits do I get?
Cobra potty trained Legacy Donating Member 1,938 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Posted 21/12/03 11:16 AM Author Posted 21/12/03 11:16 AM it starts with the good feeling you get when you know you've done it :lol: :lol:
100% Premium Donating Member Legacy Donating Member 641 Member For: 22y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: If it says ONLINE below, in front of the computer, if not, tearin' up some bitumen! Posted 21/12/03 12:11 PM Posted 21/12/03 12:11 PM maybe we should start a special "zero DTE" club ..... entry by photo only .... sounds like a planbetter than team HgAg Jealous coz we won't let you in our club??? You can join, just get rid of that prototype color As the ad says "can't get enough of this" and they show what color car........?What use is a club everyone can join???HgAg ROCKS!!!!!!
mickq Member 740 Member For: 23y 5m 17d Posted 21/12/03 01:15 PM Posted 21/12/03 01:15 PM Silly, very silly people. The first of you to suck it dry trying to get the fuel levels down might also be unlucky enough to be the first to completely root their fuel injectors. You dont run EFI cars down near or to empty. Its just plain DUMB. They arent the same as cars with carbies.That can be costly. If they cant be professionally cleaned, then they will need to be replaced. Likely VERY expensive litle excersize...my old car cost $995 for 6 new injectors simply from running out of fuel. (Replacing just one often isnt a good idea as it can leave different cylinders getting different mixes).Enjoy the low fuel challenge, and if you are "The lucky one" then be sure to tell me how much the injectors cost to get cleaned or replaced...
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 9m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/12/03 02:33 PM Posted 21/12/03 02:33 PM I had my car down to about 7km DTE on a previous occasion and filled the tank. I can't remember the exact figures now, but I worked out that there was still enough fuel to do much more than 7km. I wouldn't be game to take it to 0 without first testing it in this manner.
Cobra potty trained Legacy Donating Member 1,938 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Posted 21/12/03 11:22 PM Author Posted 21/12/03 11:22 PM Enjoy the low fuel challenge, and if you are "The lucky one" then be sure to tell me how much the injectors cost to get cleaned or replaced...you are right in what you say and thanks for slapping my face ... I was histerical I think we know what the risks are and are just fooling with DTE ...sometimes in traffic the DTE will zoom to zero and we are unable to do anything about it except wonder how long have we got ... most of my DTEs come on country trips when premium is hard to find ... the strange thing is that I always have about 7 litres left ... then the DTE just sits on zero for 40kays .... oops ... now I've done it ... the sub-zero club :hiwelcome: thanks again Mick , $140 times 6 is the answer to your question
X-WING Member 811 Member For: 22y 10m 6d Location: BRISBANE Posted 22/12/03 11:21 AM Posted 22/12/03 11:21 AM I spoke to a dealer when the au came out about how accurate was the dte he said he took a au f/ghia to okm it stoped within 150m
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now