Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

hi whats the story with the fg ute 2 part tailshaft? how dose it fail? do the 09 models have one piece shafts? I lowered my rear 35mm and haven't had a problem!

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted

Hiya, I have got an Apr 09 build and it has got a 2 piece..

Cheers,

Posted

I think it only effects auto's. And I "think" the reason is that the ute has a live axle where the diff moves up and down (sedan diff is stationary) and the axel needs a way to accomodate this. I dont think the standard axles have enough of this "play". Load it to much or lower it to much and it will place to much stress and "Bang"

  • Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my Cabin Outside Brisbane.
Posted

:shocked:

Pics of both please?

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Darwin, NT
Posted

Well my tail shaft has 'too much play' in it and a new one is on order..under warranty. My ute is a FG Turbo 6 sp manual and is stock as a rock..it had 5000km (dealer demo) and the morning I picked it up I noticed the knocking..already Sh*t itself..

Im curious too find out what they're replacing it with because if this happens again ill be very dark on ford!!

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 5m 8d
Posted

Well my tail shaft has 'too much play' in it and a new one is on order..under warranty. My ute is a FG Turbo 6 sp manual and is stock as a rock..it had 5000km (dealer demo) and the morning I picked it up I noticed the knocking..already Sh*t itself..

Im curious too find out what they're replacing it with because if this happens again ill be very dark on ford!!

The FG shafts have 2 cv's in them are they are cheap S#it.

The rear one, just before the diff is the one that is commonly failing and also failed on my car.

Ford are well aware of the problem and have a list of updated parts that are fitted to any cars with these problems.

Too bad there is a backorder on them and I was told to wait 5 weeks for parts.

Instead I now have a custom built shaft from gearbox to diff

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane, QLD
Posted

Instead I now have a custom built shaft from gearbox to diff

Must be time to throw some more power at it now then schmick??????

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Well my tail shaft has 'too much play' in it and a new one is on order..under warranty. My ute is a FG Turbo 6 sp manual and is stock as a rock..it had 5000km (dealer demo) and the morning I picked it up I noticed the knocking..already Sh*t itself..

Im curious too find out what they're replacing it with because if this happens again ill be very dark on ford!!

what dealer are you going to?? my manual has a driveline knock and metro ford what do anything about it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...